INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what's the best way to handle films spread over 2 discs?  (Read 2045 times)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
what's the best way to handle films spread over 2 discs?
« on: October 10, 2015, 05:24:14 am »

I have a film that is spread across 2 BDs, I rip the entire disc and let jriver pick the right track. What's the best way to rip and store this in the library so that it presents as 1 film?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Re: what's the best way to handle films spread over 2 discs?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 06:04:00 am »

MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 06:06:41 am »

Personally I manually link them outside of MC. Rip to HDD using MakeMKV, then combine using mkvmerge, depending on the movie maybe with careful cutting or what else might be required for a seamless transition.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 06:54:26 am »

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try the link tracks feature, it sounds like it's what I need.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 08:40:06 am »

I figure that movies longer than a single disc might benefit from *some* manual intervention.  They are long enough that a short intermission might be nice for the humans that are watching them.  I use stacks to keep them together.  This makes both parts fully available, but cleans up any views where you might be browsing or searching for them.  You can easily add the whole stack to Playing Now and have it automatically play all parts sequentially.  Or you can play individual parts.  Or even put a little "intermission" video in between them if you want.

I haven't really studied this much as I only have a handful of movies that are two discs.  Just some thoughts and ideas.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up