INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: phantom lyrics??  (Read 1300 times)

Marko

phantom lyrics??
« on: September 08, 2003, 11:05:03 pm »

With most of my files general tags up to speed now I turned my attention to adding lyrics. Now, to the best of my knowledge, none of my files had lyrics, so armed with kingsparta's plugin + website I set about the task. I noticed that quite a few lyrics were being submitted so aborted the task and had a closer look.
I tried using the search wizard but it couldn't cope and crashed MC everytime, so I made a "Lyrics" pane for the media library view. There's quite a few in there, but I've so far come across two entries in the pane that when selected, don't show any files in the list below.
What's that all about then? (and no, there's no filters being used)
If I F2 those entries, it lets me edit away, but won't save any changes.
wierd ?

Edit:
Further investigation has revealed that all these entries in the lyrics pane, and there are a few of them btw, all end with /fadeout/
Seems MC doesn't like this at all.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: phantom lyrics??
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 02:37:18 am »

so in that long message what are you trying to say?

MC9's search wizard crashes mc9 when you use it with /fadeout/?

if that is what your trying to say place that in the bug thread.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Marko

Re: phantom lyrics??
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 03:29:36 am »

No, I'm saying that if the lyrics field ends with /fadeout/ and you select that lyric from within a pane, no file is shown in the main list.
I didn't know what I was on about myself, hence the rambling... I've played around a bit more now and have a slightly better understanding (I think)

The plugin checks the spartasoft database, if not found, it checks elsewhere, if found elsewhere, it gets added to the spartasoft database. (My initial concern here was that I was passing crap to your DB)

Now to the MC stuff.....
these came to light because, in my attempt to see what was occurring, I tried to search by lyrics, "add rule > advanced > Lyrics" pop a tick in <empty> set it to exclude > OK. This causes MC to freeze up requiring task managers intervention.
So, I added a pane for lyrics, and that's when the wierdness raised its head. The /fadeout/ thing was pretty easy to suss and I fixed that using search and replace. This verse from Dylan,

"i Shall Be Free No. 10"

I Was Shadow-boxing Earlier In The Day
I Figured I Was Ready For Cassius Clay
I Said "fee, Fie, Fo, Fum, Cassius Clay Here I Come
26, 27, 28, 29, I'm Gonna Make Your Face Look Just Like Mine
Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Cassius Clay You'd Better Run
99, 100 101, 102, Your Ma Won't Even Recognize You
14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, Gonna Knock Him Clean Right Out Of His Spleen

really got MC confused. Numbers?

Let's be honest here, nobody's going to have any need for a "lyrics" pane. It's just something I used to try and gain some understanding. I'm not going to post it in the bug thread because I don't think it's that important, and if JRiver or anyone else feel differently, well, there's this thread already here.

There's another long message done. Keep up the great work with the website and plugins, they really do add another dimension to MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up