INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting playback defaults  (Read 1933 times)

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Setting playback defaults
« on: November 01, 2015, 04:49:42 am »

Hi Guys,

I have ripped many box sets into the m4v format using MyMovies. The profile saves 2 audio tracks into the file, a 2 ch AAC for playback on mobile devices and a 5.1 ch AC3. Unfortunately the default track is the 2 ch AAC.

Is it possible to force MC to use the 5.1 ch AC3 without having to start playback then change the stream to the AC3 manually on a per file basis.

I would also if possible like to change the aspect ratio from 4:3 default to Stretch, again without having to change it on a per file basis after playback has started.

Thanks.

John

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Re:
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 02:00:02 pm »

* Bump *

Anyone got any suggestions please.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Setting playback defaults
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 08:09:38 pm »

Have a look at the "Playback Info" tag for the files. It stores all sorts of settings for playback of individual files, including the Aspect Ratio and Zoom, Stream, Subtitles, etc. If you make the changes you want on one file, then you may be able to copy those settings to all the files you want to change. Backup your database before applying the changes to lots of files!

It isn't a default for newly ripped files, but if all you want to do is make those settings for files you have previously ripped, and future files will be ripped differently, then this may be the solution. I haven't got appropriate files to test. Make sure you look at the "Playback Info" tag on the first file you set up, and understand what the settings are. There are mostly obvious, although a little cryptic regarding the specifics.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Re:
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 12:33:59 pm »

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try it tonight when I get home.

John

Edit: This solution works. Thanks very much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up