INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 Feature Request: Convert Video Format Option  (Read 2008 times)

aidepe

MC21 Feature Request: Convert Video Format Option
« on: October 16, 2015, 06:17:35 am »

Hi, I've been a very satisfied user of MC for several years now but have come across an issue trying to convert video files that may be common among users with PAL video...

I have a number of video files in MPEG2 720 x 576 format that I would like to convert to MP4.  However, the Convert Format Library Tool does not include an option to convert to MP4 576P. 

I would prefer to avoid coding to a different size as this would either lose resolution (480P) or add unnecessary file size (720P).  Could you add an MP4 576P converter to the Convert Format Tool, please?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC21 Feature Request: Convert Video Format Option
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 09:42:17 am »

If you want more complete control over conversion, a third party tool is probably the way to go.  I like AVIDemux.

http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/

Just a suggestion for more complete control.  I use this from time to time to fix audio sync issues (permanently inside the video file), format conversion, and other things.  It may or may not be a good solution for you.

Brian.

Castius

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC21 Feature Request: Convert Video Format Option
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 09:49:20 am »

Just as a side note.
An option to keep original size is not a bad idea.
However Some codec,s must have resolution that are multiple of 2. So that could be s problem.

aidepe

Re: MC21 Feature Request: Convert Video Format - MP4 576P Option
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 01:34:24 pm »

Thanks for your responses and thanks Brian for the suggestion of AVIDemux.  I see that this also allows trimming unwanted content from the start/end, which would be useful for some files, so I will give it a try. 

I would prefer to have the option within MC21 and as 720 x 576 is a common standard definition DV format for PAL, it's a shame that MC21 doesn't support this as thoroughly as the NTSC equivalent of 480.

Regards,
Pages: [1]   Go Up