INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio output switches playing video  (Read 1529 times)

Paul_Sinnema

• Junior Woodchuck
Audio output switches playing video
« on: August 19, 2003, 11:14:08 am »

Hi,

A week ago, I bought the program Virtual Audio Cable to solve a problem I have playing music while recording TV with PCTV Vision.

The problem is that PCTV Vision randomly takes an audio channel for playing and another for recording. Well I thought. With Virtual Audio Cable I can now have this program play to the soundcard when playing TV and to another output (Virtual Cable 1) when recording. This Virtual Cable is not hooked to anything, so no sound is heard (exactly what I wanted).

Since the Video Playing routine of MC is much better than the one of PCTV Vision, I now look at recorded streams with MC and not PCTV Vision.

In the Playback settings of MC I've set the output to 'Wave Out' and in the 'Settings' of this to 'SoundMAX Digital Audio' (which is the on-board sound card in my PC). During playback of MP3 files this is exactly what happens, music is played to the soundcard (I can check this in the Control Panel of Virtual Audio Cable, where no stream is active at that moment). When however I play a Video (AVI) the sound suddenly switches to 'Virtual Cable 1'). 'Virtual Cable 1' is set in the 'Sound Settings' of the 'Control Panel' as the default device.

So my guess is that MC plays to it's local settings when playing MP3 files and to the Windows default settings when playing video. So, when playing an AVI I don't hear any sound, because 'Virtual Cable 1' is not hooked to anything.

I can of course change this by going to the 'Control Panel' and change the default audio device to the sound card again, but then I hear sound during recordings, which is not what I wanted in the first place.

Am I making any sense?

Paul.

Paul_Sinnema

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Audio output switches playing video
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2003, 03:54:45 am »

Some more information.....

Today I experienced a strange result in MC. After  playing an AVI (after changing the default device in the Control Panel -> Audio Settings to my on-board sound card) the next file (a MP3) started to play to 'Virtual Audio Cable 2'. I'm sure I had set the 'Wave Out' setting to my on-board soundcard in MJ, but when I looked again it had been changed to 'Virtual Cable 2' !!

Paul_Sinnema

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Audio output switches playing video
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 09:22:33 am »

I've been waiting for several weeks now. I can't solve the problem myself, so please help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up