INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Static noise playing flac files please help  (Read 2166 times)

jaytbird

Static noise playing flac files please help
« on: October 21, 2015, 10:43:50 am »

While playing flac and dsd music files on my computer through JRiver Media Center software I get an occasional static noise playing through my high resolution Sony SRS-X9 speaker.  The static noise is not continuous it just pops up for a couple seconds then goes away then comes back at a latter time.  The ape files (cds) of the same flac music files do not produce any static noise.  Also when I play the files on the VLC player using the same computer and speaker I get no static. This static noise is very annoying when I am listening to music. The flac and dsd music files sound much richer then the ape files (cds). I would love to be able to listen to these files without the static noise always popping up. Please help. I am running Windows 7 Pro. There are 6 additional apps installed on this computer. There is no virus protection and I do not use the Internet. The computer is strictly used for playing my audio files. Have only changed Bitstreaming to yes (DSD) and Audio Device to Sony Audio Driver (ASIO) on the JRiver Media Center software. Thank you for any help you can give me in this matter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up