INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frequent crashes in MC 21.0.8 since enabling DLNA  (Read 3374 times)

chriswimlett

• Junior Woodchuck
Frequent crashes in MC 21.0.8 since enabling DLNA
« on: October 18, 2015, 05:04:08 am »

Last week, I bought a Naim SuperUniti and enabled DLNA so that I could stream from MC.  Everything works fine apart from the fact that  over the last two days I've had 5 or 6 'Media Centre quit unexpectedly' messages.  These have happened when configuring a DLNA server, when stopping playback to the SuperUniti from within MC, and once when scanning the library on startup.

Problem is I updated to MC 21 just before enabling DLNA after getting the SuperUniti so am not sure which is causing the problem.  If I use the Naim app on the iPad and just use JRiver as the server, I get no crashes.

Before this I can't remember the last time I had MC crash as it was so rare.  Can anyone comment and would my log files help?

I'm running OS X 10.10.5 on a MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM.

Thanks in advance

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Frequent crashes in MC 21.0.8 since enabling DLNA
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 06:22:18 pm »

Can you disable Media Network and test?  That would help isolate the problem.

Brian.

chriswimlett

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 05:36:45 am »

Thanks Brian,  I'll do that and see how it goes.  It was crashing several times an hour yesterday afternoon.

Chris

chriswimlett

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 11:58:06 am »

Well, JRiver was fine for most of yesterday and today with Media Network disabled, but crashed within minutes of enabling it again.  It crashed immediately after I selected 'Customize views' in the DLNA Servers window, and before I'd had a chance to play anything.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 12:03:52 pm »

If you have any other DLNA devices on your network, try turning unplugging them.  We have another customer who has a similar crash that goes away when he unplugs a Sony TV.

lobo85

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 04:40:24 pm »

I have a crash that may be related though when it happens JRiver actually stays open, it occurs when i'm streaming on the media server as well heck I don't even know what actually crashes as everthing still functions just that OS X's crash dialog appears.

chriswimlett

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 12:17:50 pm »

I don't have any other DLNA devices, but I wonder if it could be caused by some sort of conflict. 

One thing I noticed yesterday was that the zone for my SuperUniti wasn't explicitly associated with a DLNA server.  I think the option was greyed out (or it said something about being associated with the default server) before I added a second DLNA server as an experiment.  This then gave a choice of servers when choosing the 'Associate with DLNA server' option.  Since explicitly associating the zone with a DLNA server, I've had no crashes.  It's maybe too early to tell as I've only had a few hours of playback, so I'll see how it goes.

Is the safe way to control playback to use JRemote or JRiver and not touch the Naim app, or doesn't it matter?  I'm new to streaming and DLNA so it's all still a bit confusing,

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up