INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 hangs when I switch to Theater View  (Read 3390 times)

BayensF

• World Citizen
MC21 hangs when I switch to Theater View
« on: October 26, 2015, 06:17:30 am »

Hi,

When playing on a Zone and I switch to Theater View the systems gives the box with the message that it's not working.
When I re-start it's Ok but it's playing the playlist I played (evening) before and that I had removed.

Any idea?

I have MC for 5 years already and never had this kind of behaviour with the previous versions.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC21 hangs when I switch to Theater View
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 06:33:00 am »

Just a suggestion: Theater View is very strong in forcing its own window to be "on top" of all other Windows. And it could be that MC encounters some kind of error, and it displays a modal dialog box about the error, but that dialog gets displayed "underneath" the Theater View window. This makes it appear as though Theater View has frozen, when in fact it is just waiting for you to acknowledge the error dialog (which you cannot see). There are a few things that you could try: a) try Windows Alt+Tab command to see if there are any dialog boxes open, b) try Ctrl+Alt+Del / Start Task Manager / Applications / Switch To / to see if you can bring the hidden dialog to the front, or c) just try pressing the Esc, or Enter keys as if you might be acknowledging an (albeit hidden) modal dialog..

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

BayensF

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 11:03:44 am »

THANKS!

I will investigate the next time it happens and let you know if it was the case.

With kind regards,

BayensF

BayensF

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 04:24:33 pm »

THANKS!

I will investigate the next time it happens and let you know if it was the case.

With kind regards,

It was not the case and it's still hanging. During the weekend I will do a complete new install.
BayensF
Just a suggestion: Theater View is very strong in forcing its own window to be "on top" of all other Windows. And it could be that MC encounters some kind of error, and it displays a modal dialog box about the error, but that dialog gets displayed "underneath" the Theater View window. This makes it appear as though Theater View has frozen, when in fact it is just waiting for you to acknowledge the error dialog (which you cannot see). There are a few things that you could try: a) try Windows Alt+Tab command to see if there are any dialog boxes open, b) try Ctrl+Alt+Del / Start Task Manager / Applications / Switch To / to see if you can bring the hidden dialog to the front, or c) just try pressing the Esc, or Enter keys as if you might be acknowledging an (albeit hidden) modal dialog..

BayensF

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 04:22:13 am »

?

I am still having this problem.

Can I anyone look into it? ::)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 07:16:07 am »

A video driver could cause such a problem.  Theater View uses 3D drawing, which most programs don't use.

Try updating your video driver.

BayensF

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 08:41:04 am »

A video driver could cause such a problem.  Theater View uses 3D drawing, which most programs don't use.

Try updating your video driver.

Thanks for your reply Jim,

Updating the Video drive could have been the root cause. I see that my Intel HD4000 software was updated a month ago, probably the same time the problem started. Downgrade in Windows 10 is not possible.
What to do next? Sending a log file?

BR BayensF

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 09:33:57 am »

Try an older driver.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 10:44:53 am »

Thanks for your reply Jim,

Updating the Video drive could have been the root cause. I see that my Intel HD4000 software was updated a month ago, probably the same time the problem started. Downgrade in Windows 10 is not possible.
What to do next? Sending a log file?

BR BayensF

This one came out recently: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-

Might give it a shot.

If it still doesn't work, then try setting the hardware accelerated graphics option to low quality.

BayensF

• World Citizen
Re: MC21 hangs when I switch to Theater View (Fixed)
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 10:22:26 am »

An Status Update,

Seems to be fixed with the latest MC 21 Update.

Other solution could have been the RemoteMouse server, I switch the port address.

If any news I will post it....
Pages: [1]   Go Up