INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request (Unless I am just not seeing it?)  (Read 2100 times)

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Feature request (Unless I am just not seeing it?)
« on: October 30, 2015, 03:20:05 am »

So I am starting to use MC for Video now especially for TV Series.  Maybe it's the way I am using it but I find I am missing a function that would come in very handy.

When I am doing my music stuff a function I use quite often is the "Right Click" and "Fill Track Numbers From List Order" as sometimes the Track Number field is not entered properly.

I am not sure why we don't have such and option for Episode Number (At least not that I can find).

As I am organizing my TV Series I am finding quite often the Episode Number Field is not filled and I have to go in and manually fill it in since it is required (Understandably) in order to get Episode details downloaded from online.  This is quite time consuming and an option like mentioned here would go a long way to time savings for this job.

Carl.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Feature request (Unless I am just not seeing it?)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 04:45:14 am »

Yep. It's still there. Same place. Select two or more files/right click/Library Tools/Fill Track Numbers From List Order.

Shame it isn't working on TV Episode numbers though...

However, not to worry. There is another way!

Select two or more files. Edit the top Episode Number field, and paste in the expression "=counter()" without the quotes. That does exactly the same thing. Test it on a small number of files first, to make sure you are happy with what it does.

Read about what it does, and the options, in the Expression Language Wiki article I linked to from the command.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 08:44:00 am »

Roderick's way is probably the best because it lets you start at a specific number (not just 1 as fill track numbers does).

But... if you really wanted to do it just like fill track numbers you can.  Order some files in a list, select them, then:  Library Tools > Fill track numbers from list order.  Now you'll have track numbers, which you didn't really want.  With them still highlighted, open the tagging pane.  Find Episode, and paste in:  =[Track #] .  Now the Episode number will be the same as the Track #.  Finally, clear the track number field if you want to.

Brian.

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 12:46:46 pm »

Thanks guys.

That will work great! (Probably use Roderick's method though.  less steps)

Carl.
Pages: [1]   Go Up