INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get Movie and TV Info problem  (Read 7762 times)

Ashfall

• World Citizen
Get Movie and TV Info problem
« on: October 29, 2015, 12:32:14 pm »

I'm having problems auto-importing tv shows with a year disambiguation in the name.

Here's an example.
\TV Shows\The Flash (2014)\Season 02\The Flash (2014) - S02E04 - The Fury of Firestorm.mkv

During auto-import, the series, season, and episode fields are not filled.  Only the Name field is filled with "The Flash" and the Year field with "2014".  (both of those values are incorrect for this).  And when I manually Get Movie and TV Info, it fails with an error "Some of the selected files are not eligible for 'Get Movie & TV Info' because: Television shows must have a numeric Season and Episode value."

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Get Movie and TV Info problem
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 02:12:02 pm »

First make sure the "Media sub type" is set to "TV Show" then be sure that you have Series, Season and Episode in the file tag, not just in the file name. The Get Movie & TV Info" feature won't work without data in these fields. Since your example is an "mkv" file it is obvious you are not getting the file/recording from a TV show recording (which would normally fill in that data from the EPG data), so you will need to use the Library Tool "Fill Properties from Filename".

If you go into Standard View, and look at the data for the show - do you see the Series, Season, and Episode numbers?

here's an example of what you should see:

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 02:16:56 pm »

Be sure that you have Series, Season and Episode in the file tag, not just in the file name. The Get Movie & TV Info" feature won't work without data in these fields. You can use the Library Tool "Fill properties from Filename"

Right, that's the problem though.  I'm saying that those fields are not filled during auto-import when they should be.  They are filled for every show EXCEPT shows with a year in the filename, such as the example given in the above post.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 02:21:15 pm »

I see.
I believe Matt or Hendrick addressed that in a recent version upgrade. Are you using the latest version 21.0.17?

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 03:17:02 pm »

I see.
I believe Matt or Hendrick addressed that in a recent version upgrade. Are you using the latest version 21.0.17?

Yes, I am on 21.0.17.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 05:03:12 pm »

Interesting. I had imported some similar files recently that worked fine, so I checked on my system.

Your file name, with spaces, doesn't work. Such file names certainly used to work. CARNAC correctly identified them.

My filenames didn't have any spaces, so I took the spaces out of your filename, and it worked fine. Actually, I left in the spaces for the Episode name, and it still worked.
The Flash (2014) - S02E04 - The Fury of Firestorm.mp4 FAILED
The Flash (2014) S02E04 The Fury of Firestorm.mp4 FAILED

The.Flash.(2014)-S02E04-The Fury of Firestorm.mp4 WORKED
The Flash S02E04 The Fury of Firestorm.mp4 WORKED

So there does seem to be a problem with filenames that have a disambiguation year and spaces in them.

I am using the very latest MC21. CountryBumkin, I can't see any changes to CARNAC mentioned recently in the changes history. Can you point out your source, or should this be reported as a bug?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 05:49:26 pm »

This is what I was thinking of. Well, not so recent and not quite what I thought I remebered (getting old is not for wimps).
But it looks like you found the issue - the "spaces with (year)" - so perhaps that is what JRiver can improve on.

21.0.1 (8/4/2015)

1. NEW: Added the sample rates 705600 and 768000 to the Output Format dialog.
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. NEW: Added an image playback mode 'Display images using a 2D renderer' to the options of Images.  Will use a 2D space for rendering instead of a 3D space.  Mostly for Linux / Mac, but please test.
4. Fixed: The Onion would return "No text" for many of the articles in Theater View.
5. Changed: Removed the splash screen because it never showed launching off an SSD anyway, but it would still slow the launch down a little.
6. NEW: Theater View background image slideshows include sidecars that are next to the file.
7. NEW: Added the MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayPlaylist function to play a playlist in a specified zone.
8. NEW: Sending files to a particular zone disables Zone Switch from engaging.
9. NEW: Volume Leveling uses the additional Headroom provided by Internal Volume for a more consistent experience on highly dynamic tracks or when downmixing.
10. NEW: Added a 'Clean results' checkbox to the Fill Properties From Filename tool that will fix spacing, capitalization, etc.
11. NEW: Added an expression function Row() that outputs the current row number of a record.
12. NEW: Added the command 'ZoneSwitch...' to the Audio options page.
13. NEW: Added "Play in Media Center" to the root of the explorer context menu.
14. Changed: Made the search suggestions a little wider and fixed the sizing to account for high DPI.
15. Changed: Marked "<unknown album>" and "<unknown name>" for translation.
16. Changed: Marked a bunch of strings in the TiVo server for translation.
17. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
18. Changed: When a zone is cleared, it will clear all the linked zones as well (applies to MCWS/v1/Playback/ClearPlaylist but also other areas as well).
19. Changed: Added a few more 'o' character variations to the diacritical ignoring code.
20. NEW: Middle-click on a link column will open the link in a new tab.
21. Fixed: Recording of a television program on a grouped channel would incorrectly favor an STB tuner (even if the STB channel was not on top of the group).
22. NEW: MCWS Browse/Children contains more information about the type of the entry, and the PlaylistID if appropriate (only when requesting Version 2).
23. NEW: Keyboard shortcut 'D' for onscreen information display (equivalent to remote control info button) that toggles among "playback position"/"program name"/"program description".
25. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo).
26. Changed: Added a few more diacriticals to the list of things for ignoring during sorting.
27. Changed: Switched Theater View back to looking only at artist instead of album artist (auto) when doing cover art lookup.
28. Changed: Added a tuner selection page when re-scan for television channels (only applicable in channel types for which multiple tuners are in the same profile), so you can scan for channels using one device, and re-scan using a different device more easily.
29. Changed: Carnac understands the naming template Move Name (Year).
30. NEW: mc2xml is integrated into the program, so it can be used for all your EPG retrieval needs.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 06:54:15 pm »

I've reported the problem in the MC21.0.17 build thread. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100902.msg701145#msg701145

Ashfall, it looks like you will have to edit file names to remove spaces, until a fix can be implemented.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 07:55:34 pm »

I've reported the problem in the MC21.0.17 build thread. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100902.msg701145#msg701145

Ashfall, it looks like you will have to edit file names to remove spaces, until a fix can be implemented.

Thanks, I can live with that for a while.

Appreciate all the help from everyone!

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 08:25:30 pm »

If you want to take out ALL of the spaces in the filename (but not path), this expression can be used in the Rename, Move, and Copy tool:

RemoveCharacters(filename(,0),/# #/ )

Please TEST before you use it!

Brian.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 09:13:08 pm »

You may actually want to replace the spaces with a dot, which is common practice.

Do you have an expression for that Brian?

blgentry

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 09:34:03 pm »

You may actually want to replace the spaces with a dot, which is common practice.

Do you have an expression for that Brian?

It's weird.  Expressions that *should* work for this kind of thing refuse to work in Rename, Move, and Copy tool for some reason.  I think RM&C eats certain characters and prevents them from working.  This works in an expression column:

replace(filename(,0),/ ,.)

But it won't work in RM&C.  <shrug>  Sorry about that.

Brian.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 12:25:43 pm »

i haven't tested, but would it work with an escape slash?

replace(filename(,0),// ,.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up