INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M4A Ratings  (Read 2307 times)

newHAPPYuser2015

• World Citizen
M4A Ratings
« on: October 30, 2015, 06:55:35 am »

Hi,

I noticed that on Android I can't see ratings of m4a songs. So I checked a few of my m4a files with MP3Tag and it shows that they have rating 2 times higher than what I have assigned in my library in MC. For example, for songs that have rating 1 in MC MP3Tag will show that they have rating 2 and so on. I wonder where the problem lies?

Thanks

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: M4A Ratings
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 07:36:37 am »

Does it show the ratings in MC itself? Thats what our Android apps would show.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

newHAPPYuser2015

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 08:22:38 am »

Does it show the ratings in MC itself? Thats what our Android apps would show.
Yes, all songs are rated in MC.

I noticed that in MP3Tag I can't see ratings of mp3 files at all, however they are rated in MC and android player that I use can see their ratings as well.

So maybe android music app I use can't read ratings from m4a files and MP3Tag doesn't show accurate info? Can anyone recommend another free tool so I can double check rating tags?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 08:26:36 am »

Are you sure you have MC set to write tags back to your files?

Setting: Tools > Options > General > Importing & Tagging > Update Tags when file info changes

Force tags to be written to individual files on demand:  (select some files) > Library Tools > Update Tags (from library)

Brian.

newHAPPYuser2015

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 08:41:32 am »

Are you sure you have MC set to write tags back to your files?

Setting: Tools > Options > General > Importing & Tagging > Update Tags when file info changes

Force tags to be written to individual files on demand:  (select some files) > Library Tools > Update Tags (from library)

Brian.
Yes, this tick box is checked.

I also selected one mp3 album in MC and 'updated tags from library', but still I can't see ratings for these songs in MP3Tag, however I can see them in android music app - both before and after updating tags, so tags were written already.

To sum up:
1) MP3 - can't see ratings in MP3Tag, but they are showing correctly in andoid music app
2) M4A - ratings in MP3Tag are shown as 2 times higher than what I have in MC, android music player can't see them
3) FLAC - ratings are shown correctly both in MP3Tag and on Android

newHAPPYuser2015

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 05:26:22 am »

So maybe android music app I use can't read ratings from m4a files and MP3Tag doesn't show accurate info? Can anyone recommend another free tool so I can double check rating tags?

That is it. I installed the trial version of dbpoweramp and all ratings appear to be in order - just like they are in my library in MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up