INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dirac not Working  (Read 5730 times)

Fitzcaraldo215

• World Citizen
Dirac not Working
« on: October 30, 2015, 03:53:23 pm »

I think I just solved my own serious problems with Dirac/JRiver.  I got a clue from the posts below:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101068.0

My Dirac Problem was different.  Dirac DAP and DLCT would not work at all.  DAP would get a message "Could not connect to Dirac Server".  DLCT would just hang, white out, then crash.  Both required me to enter my Dirac site login, which they never do otherwise, but they still could not connect.  Apparently, all Dirac sessions require login to their server.

I tried a lot of stuff, worked with Dirac Tech Support,  reinstalled it, changed anti-virus and many other things.  Today I might have found the problem.  It appears to have been JR 21.  As soon as I uninstalled it, Dirac started working with JR 20.  So, unless some weird coincidence occurred, I believe it was 21.  I have no idea how or why. 

I am also transmitting this to Dirac Tech Support to resolve my open ticket with them.  They had not come up with anything in over a week, although time zone differences were a factor.

BTW, if there are other Dirac users here who do not know, I have found that Dirac most be fully closed in order to install a JRiver release.  That means not just closing Dirac DAP on the task bar, but also going to Dirac in the system tray and exiting from it.  If not, I get a jrtools in use during the JR update process, canceling the update.  This goes back to JR20 for me.

So, there seems to be some negative interaction between Dirac and JRiver.  I can live with the jrtools workaround, but it seems I cannot have 21 even on my system to use Dirac, which is VERY important to me, because it is excellent.  And, without 21, I have no EPG for TV.

Snookboy

• Recent member
Re: Dirac not Working
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 06:15:14 am »

I was the poster for the link mentioned.  Yes, we are having the exact same issue.  Dirac was getting no where, and frankly they did not seem to be putting much effort into trying to solve it.  I narrowed it down to JRiver and told them my findings on Wednesday of this week. 

I didn't try 20, just uninstalled 21 and I could then run both DLCT and DAP just fine.  Reinstall JRiver and DLCT crashes every single time.  DAP will run for me as long as I don't hit rescan devices.  I was getting the "contact server" error initially, but not now. 

So you have no issues between Dirac and JRiver when running 20?

Don W

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 10:34:28 am »

I have no idea what could be different between systems, but I run Dirac with MC 21 with no trouble. Never had a problem with it. No issues during installation of MC either.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 01:27:06 pm »

I suspect the "jrtools in use" message occurs when you have an app open that enumerates audio devices. REW is an example of such an app.

Fitzcaraldo215

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 01:59:43 pm »

I was the poster for the link mentioned.  Yes, we are having the exact same issue.  Dirac was getting no where, and frankly they did not seem to be putting much effort into trying to solve it.  I narrowed it down to JRiver and told them my findings on Wednesday of this week. 

I didn't try 20, just uninstalled 21 and I could then run both DLCT and DAP just fine.  Reinstall JRiver and DLCT crashes every single time.  DAP will run for me as long as I don't hit rescan devices.  I was getting the "contact server" error initially, but not now. 

So you have no issues between Dirac and JRiver when running 20?

I had no troubles with Dirac/JRiver 20 or 19. I think in a few early releases of 21, Dirac was still working.

Fitzcaraldo215

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 02:09:16 pm »

I have no idea what could be different between systems, but I run Dirac with MC 21 with no trouble. Never had a problem with it. No issues during installation of MC either.

I should have mentioned it in my post, but I am on Win 7 Pro/64 with all updates current.  Which OS version are you on?

The jrtools problem on install also consistently happened to a friend with Dirac also on Win 7 Pro.

As I said, though, it disappears if Dirac is fully closed when the JR update is applied.  I just have been doing that that now as a matter of routine.

Don W

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 08:40:40 pm »

I am on Windows 8.1 and the latest stable release of MC 21.

Fitzcaraldo215

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 09:37:03 am »

I am on Windows 8.1 and the latest stable release of MC 21.

The OS version and/or the JR version differences might explain why we get a different result.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
Re: Re: Dirac not Working
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 10:07:15 am »

The OS version and/or the JR version differences might explain why we get a different result.
As I said above, ime the difference is the use of jriver as an audio device (either asio line in or wdm). Do you have one of those enabled?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 02:42:03 pm »

If you look in the other thread on Dirac issues, someone traced this issue more or less directly to the JRiver ASIO input driver, and he resolved his problem by disabling it (in the registry, but you can disable it in the JRiver interface more easily).  There were recent changes to the ASIO input driver, so that makes it an even more likely candidate.

Try disabling the JRiver ASIO input driver under Options-->General-->Features and see if that resolves your issue.  If it solves your issue too it will be obvious to the devs where to look.

Fitzcaraldo215

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 03:17:02 pm »

If you look in the other thread on Dirac issues, someone traced this issue more or less directly to the JRiver ASIO input driver, and he resolved his problem by disabling it (in the registry, but you can disable it in the JRiver interface more easily).  There were recent changes to the ASIO input driver, so that makes it an even more likely candidate.

Try disabling the JRiver ASIO input driver under Options-->General-->Features and see if that resolves your issue.  If it solves your issue too it will be obvious to the devs where to look.

I just reinstalled 21.0.17 and Dirac works fine this time.  Dirac DAP was not open during the install, then I started it with JR 21 running and it came up fine.  It is playing now.  I also opened DLCT successfully with JR running.  Execution of these 2 Dirac programs had both been blocked before I uninstalled. 

I had not touched them, but the JR ASIO Driver option was checked by default,  and I left it that way.   WDM was not checked, but I have never turned it on in any JR version.

Not exactly sure why there was a problem 2 weeks or so ago, and I do not recall exactly which version of 21 that was - definitely not .17.  But, it looks like .17 clears it up. 

Another guy at CA forum had the same problem today. He uninstalled then reinstalled 21 (maybe different versions?) and his problem went away too.

Thanks for your help!

Snookboy

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 05:08:38 am »

I am on Windows 10, but I had the same issue on 7 (all 64 bit).  At this point, I've downgraded to 20 and all works fine.  Maybe I'll try 21 again and see what happens. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up