INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating a list Composer (Artist)/Work/Performer. Is it possible?  (Read 1868 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life

I would like to create a list with three columns, titled Artist/Composer, Work and Performer, and thus make a list where each row displays these three, sorted alphabetically. Is there a way of doing this, and in case, how?
It would be a great plus, if this also could be converted or pasted to a spreadsheet afterwards.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Creating a list Composer (Artist)/Work/Performer. Is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 12:51:56 pm »

Provided that the field (tag names exists) -- yes you can do that. And it can be exportable to as a delimited csv file for excel or  directly to html if you prefer. (File=>Export Playlist) Just remove/choose the columns you want to show and choose the option accordingly.

But just to clarify .. do you want to combine the fields Composer+Artist?  If you want a column, just temporarily, you could create it by adding an expression column.  Or you could create a new user field that permanently combines the two if this is what you want.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 02:35:24 pm »

Thanks for your reply. No, I do not want to combine these two columns. But I am not quite sure how to create a MC list displaying only Artist-Work-Performer in the first place, without including all the tracks from each individual work. Would a smartlist be the way to go?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 02:55:16 pm »

Here's one way to do it:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83023.0

That one is focused on Albums, but you should easily be able to do the same thing and base it upon Artist, etc, instead.

Or, as you suggested, you can make a smartlist and limit it to one track per Work, or one track per Album and Work.  That way you get a list of only what you want and not every song.  The ~limit modifier is what allows you to do this.  Scroll down on this page at bit to read about ~limit:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Search_Language#Modifiers

Brian.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 03:35:03 pm »

That seems to be what I was looking for! Or at least, close enough. Thanks a lot for your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up