INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems using MC TV  (Read 23373 times)

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
Re: Problems using MC TV
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2015, 10:02:36 am »

I have set the network adapter to use Jumbo frames, and I have some programs scheduled to record this afternoon. I'll enable logging again and check later to see if the programs all recorded. If I capture an error, I'll post another log.
Thanks.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2015, 10:45:43 am »

What's the normal process for installing HDHomerun?  Don't you have to install their software before anything will work?
The HDHomeRun requires drivers (non Prime), but the Prime does not...at least not with MC.  WMC access the device in a different manner, and does require drivers, but with MC, you just need to enable 'Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA' under Media Network to make it work.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2015, 11:13:19 am »

Thanks, muzicman0. Any particular size of Jumbo packets, or should I just set it to the largest option in the pull-down menu on the Advanced Properties tab for the network adapter?

Sorry...I missed this...any size should work, iirc.  Unfortunately jumbo packets breaks some functionality of our software (the company I work for), so I haven't done extensive testing...but as far as I know, MC doesn't have any issues with them.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2015, 11:25:53 am »

Years ago, we had a problem that was caused by using jumbo packets.

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2015, 01:22:32 pm »

Regarding Jumbo packets:
I previously did NOT have this computer's network adapter configured to use them.
Today I enabled them.
I'll continue testing, and if I notice a difference that I can attribute to that setting, I'll report it.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2015, 04:57:20 pm »

Well, no solution yet, but we are getting down to the nitty gritty part of the problem.

I would still like to see you test with WMC temporarily disabled, to see if the problems occur, although I understand your Catch 22 situation. But WMC could be re-instated quite easily.

Anyway, I think going forward this is the best approach. Let's see what you find.

It would be tricky to anticipate when a problem will occur, but the next time it occurs, make sure you grab the log (you have to keep logging on, otherwise we will not capture the problem event).  To keep the log file size low, you need to periodically reset logging when no problems are encountered.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2015, 02:54:06 pm »

Additional testing with numerous recordings over the past few days. Results: successful recordings, where the only anomaly is an incorrect running time metadata on a single file.

Thanks for the assistance; I will re-engage if needed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up