INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YouTube Connected Media links timeout?  (Read 1227 times)

Temeryx

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
YouTube Connected Media links timeout?
« on: November 10, 2015, 01:13:52 pm »

I have been playing around with Connected Media, saving YouTube videos to watch later in theater view. (It's a very cool feature I never looked at before)  I'm adding the link instead of downloading. and it is working great, except it seems if I don't watch the video in day or two the link times out.  I get an "unable to play video" error.  If I delete the entry then add the link again it works fine, for a day or two.  Is there any way to make the links more permanent?   

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: YouTube Connected Media links timeout?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 10:58:38 am »

I never tried it out myself so I tested this out for a bit. The links do seem to timeout after a certain amount of time. I'm not sure if this is from inactivity or just how the host handles links. I don't think there is anything we can do to fix this, unfortunately.

Temeryx

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: YouTube Connected Media links timeout?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 11:44:32 am »

Thanks for taking a look.

The only other thing I would say, and I hate to compare, but I discovered this feature because I have been playing around with Plex and they have a similar feature called watch later.  I'm sure it works differently under the hood, but on the surface it is the same thing.  You mark a YouTube video, and then it appears in your library to watch whenever you want.   So far the same videos have not timed out in Plex after two weeks.

I'm not an expert, but maybe Plex grabs the URL differently or forms it differently to keep it from timing out?  Just a thought if you guys want to take a look. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up