INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: System locking up - JRiver Media Center 21/Outlook 2013  (Read 3095 times)

Kody

System locking up - JRiver Media Center 21/Outlook 2013
« on: November 06, 2015, 10:16:29 am »

I have a client that uses JRiver Media Center on a daily basis while he works. Recently he has reported an issues with his system locking up, which requires a hard reboot. It seems to only be happening when he is trying to do something within Outlook 2013. I have checked logs to see if either applications report an issue, and neither do so. It isn't a complete system freeze, but it is enough that you have to do the hard reboot to get it back to normal. It doesn't appear to be resource related, all discs have been checked and multiple scans have been ran on the machine using various programs.

I am not blaming JRiver Media Center, just curious if anyone has had similar issues working alongside Outlook 2013 (which seems to be the culprit) and if so, have you had any resolutions? Nothing I have tried/tested seems to have helped the issue. I am contemplating installing Office 2016 (from o365) as the next test.

Ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

His system specs:
HP EliteBook 850
Win7 Pro (on a domain)
16GB RAM
250GB SSD

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: System locking up - JRiver Media Center 21/Outlook 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 10:51:16 am »

probably not helpful, but i use outlook 2013 on four machines.  outlook itself is buggy (requires restart of outlook a couple times a day) but i've never had a lockup and it has the same behavior on my one laptop that doesn't have MC installed (the other 3 have MC)

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 11:04:27 am »

I always have Outlook open, first 2013 and now 2016. Both 64-bit on Win 7-64 and now Win 10-64. Never had this problem.

Have you checked Event Viewer for any clues?

You might also try disabling all the Outlook Add-Ins - they can be problematic at times.

Kody

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 11:25:03 am »

I always have Outlook open, first 2013 and now 2016. Both 64-bit on Win 7-64 and now Win 10-64. Never had this problem.

Have you checked Event Viewer for any clues?

You might also try disabling all the Outlook Add-Ins - they can be problematic at times.

I did check Event Viewer, it shows no events for either application and nothing for the system either. I will try disabling add-ins he isn't using actively, not sure if there is any left though. Thanks.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 02:07:05 pm »

I will try disabling add-ins he isn't using actively, not sure if there is any left though. Thanks.
You may have to disable all of them just to eliminate possible sources of the problem. Also, check for updates to the plug-ins.
Pages: [1]   Go Up