INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Run MC21 on cheap windows tablet??  (Read 3026 times)

DaveT1081

• Recent member
Run MC21 on cheap windows tablet??
« on: November 16, 2015, 09:29:00 am »

This may have been covered already, but none of my search results addressed the specifics.

Currently running MC21 on an HP Windows 7 laptop (Intel I7) and 800Gb of music files stored on router NAS (works equally well with ethernet or wifi connection).  I have a Dragonfly DAC attached through a USB port with cables to an AUX IN of my receiver.  Works great for last 2 years or so.

Now I've downsized to an apartment and my situation has changed.  My PC (which I use frequently for a home business) is at a desk in another room away from my music set-up, and it's awkward moving it to one place or another.

I would like to purchase:  Craig® Microsoft® 8.1 (uppable to 10.0) 8.95" Tablet, 1GB RAM, Atom Z3735G Quad-core 1.83 GHz #CMP801SP-OD ($119).  Could I load and use MC21 on the tablet, connect my DAC through the provided USB 2.0 (poss. w/ an adapter) and keep it permanently on and running somewhere out of sight, using Gizmo on a smaller Android tablet (or my laptop in the other room) to control everything thru wifi??  Hoping there's a good chance this would work, as it would be a most excellent solution.  If not, I'd purchase a cheap refurb PC thru New Egg or some reputable dealer for $200 or less instead of the tablet.   So my question is basically:  Is the tablet sufficiently powerful enough to run MC21?

dmarkovi

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Run MC21 on cheap windows tablet??
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 11:11:13 am »

the 1gb ram may be an issue.

Have you seen the infocus kangaroo? depending on what type of files you are trying to play it may work for your needs.

I used the ECS liva pc which I'll almost certain is weaker than the kangaroo and it worked fine except for HEVC encoded files.

I'll likely pick up a kangaroo to play around with one of these days.

I controlled the ECS liva with an android tablet running gizmo. The combo works great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up