INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crossover/adding subs to current system  (Read 1905 times)

Oliverlim

• Recent member
Crossover/adding subs to current system
« on: November 08, 2015, 09:53:18 pm »

I been on MC21 for a couple of months now. Its been great and a good learning experience.  I decided to do some upgrades to my desktop system by adding a sub/room correction system

I am a little confused how to do this.  I intend to go with Acourate. But at the moment, I would like to add a subwoofer to my system.  Currently I either use my Creative X7 as a DAC/AMP/preamp or a Chord Mojo as the DAC/preamp out to a digital amp.  The X7 has a subwoofer out but I think there is no way to do a 3 channel room EQ via acrourate. Meaning that I cannot do a EQ/crossover of the LR channels and Sub independently. Same goes for the Mojo/Digital amp which is 2 channels.

How or what do I need to add to actually have jriver/acourate be able to output a 2.1 EQ signal to my sub and speakers independently? I was reading the mixing docs and cant say I totally understand how it works especially if I am trying to add acourate. I just got my mic but want to be sure before I put any money into acourate.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Crossover/adding subs to current system
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 04:06:05 am »

You can do that with acourate, it's just a 2 way speaker per channel basically.

It looks like the X7 can be used for that purpose but not the Chord, I think you'd need to use 2.1 in a 5.1 container (if I remember the output format name correctly).

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 07:45:48 am »

You can do that with acourate, it's just a 2 way speaker per channel basically.

It looks like the X7 can be used for that purpose but not the Chord, I think you'd need to use 2.1 in a 5.1 container (if I remember the output format name correctly).

The output format option is labelled "2.1," but it will be 2.1 in a 5.1 container.

Oliverlim

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 04:52:17 am »

Thanks! I forgot I am connecting via usb so anything is possible.  I just received my mic and will give it a test run next week.  I think creative says to use 3.1 setting. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up