Networks and Remotes > Media Network

DSDIFF+cuefile via DLNA to Oppo BDP-105 - can't stream individual tracks

<< < (3/4) > >>

kr4:
Here's an update.

--- Quote from: JimH on January 25, 2016, 12:28:29 pm ---You can move channels around in MC's DSP Studio.
--- End quote ---
Yes but, it turns out that the target (exaSound PP) needed updated firmware to fix this.

--- Quote ---See if you can get it working at all without minimserver.  Loading the library from a DLNA server like minimserver isn't ideal.
--- End quote ---
Done and agreed.

--- Quote ---When you're using DLNA, you can think of the playback as a file transfer to the Renderer.  MC will send whatever your Controller tells the Renderer to play.  Unless MC thinks the Renderer can't play it.  DSD is a stretch for DLNA.
--- End quote ---
Yes.  I can now send DSD but but only as DSF/DFF.  None of the ISO files will play but that is understandable.

AndrewFG:
Just to be sure, can you please tell us if you are playing to the Oppo player via an HDMI input or via UPnP / DLNA ??

If the former (HDMI), then its audio input specifications ( https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-105/blu-ray-BDP-105-Features.aspx ) are Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, AAC, up to 5.1ch/192kHz or 7.1ch/96kHz PCM -- but there is no mention of DSD / DFF support

If the latter (UPnP) then its claimed audio input capabilities include PCM L16, FLAC, MP4A, AIFF, WAV and MP3 -- but again there is no mention of DSD / DFF support.

So, if you find that the player does play DSD/DFF then it is perhaps more by chance than by design. And perhaps not surprising if it does not always work.

Furthermore I am actually not sure if MC is even able to split DSD/DFF streams into track based sub streams based on cue files when pushing via UPnP. It sounds quite unlikely, as IMO it would need to convert to PCM to do the split, and then convert back to DSD/DFF.

So I think your best bet is to set MC to Always Convert audio to PCM L16 (No Header) although possibly PCM WAV (With Header) would also work fine.

And by the way, apropos the side comment about 5.0 channels, there is nothing either in Oppo's specifications or in its UPnP declarations which would make you think that it might be able to play 5.0 (it declares 2ch over UPnP and 2, 5.1 and 7.1 over HDMI -- don't be confused by the "up to" statement because the PCM standard specification itself only permits 1, 2, and further even numbers of channels 5.1, 7.1, etc. upwards)..

RolandG:
No Andrew, DSD support has been added via firmware update quite a while ago. So that can't be the problem.

He OPPO is, however, very picky when it comes to cue sheets. I can herdly make it work with FLAC or ALAC files and wouldn't even try with DSD files.

AndrewFG:
See my two earlier comments..

--- Quote from: AndrewFG on February 12, 2016, 01:08:55 pm ---Furthermore I am actually not sure if MC is even able to split DSD/DFF streams into track based sub streams based on cue files when pushing via UPnP. It sounds quite unlikely, as IMO it would need to convert to PCM to do the split, and then convert back to DSD/DFF.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: AndrewFG on February 12, 2016, 01:08:55 pm ---So I think your best bet is to set MC to Always Convert audio to PCM L16 (No Header) although possibly PCM WAV (With Header) would also work fine.

--- End quote ---

RolandG:
You're right, of course. I meant that even with the OPPO app itself, it's sometimes a crap shoot using cue sheets with FLAC or ALAC files. So, trying it with DSD files, like the OP has, might really be pushing it a bit too far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version