INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using convertor to transfer files directly to S4  (Read 5154 times)

sumerian

• Recent member
Using convertor to transfer files directly to S4
« on: November 11, 2015, 09:05:02 am »

My S4 doesn't play flacs so I thought I will use the convertor from JR to convert the flacs from library to MP3 and put them directly on to my phones SD card but when I try to set the destination path I don't see the phone memory as a drive in the destination folder browser.
The phone is detected in windows and I can see the card contents through  windows browser but cant see it from JR.
Also the sync option in JR doesn't recognize the size of the memory card it shows only 4GB instead of 64GB.

Thanks in advance appreciate your time to respond.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using convertor to transfer files directly to S4
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 11:33:16 am »

Guys I have been posting similar issues with handheld syncs and never got responses... Should we assume the development for this is dead?

Thx

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 12:09:14 pm »

What if you pick 'Add device...'.  Does that browser show the folder?

If not, we have a real mystery since that's just the system folder browser.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 12:32:43 pm »

My S4 doesn't play flacs so I thought I will use the convertor from JR to convert the flacs from library to MP3 and put them directly on to my phones SD card but when I try to set the destination path I don't see the phone memory as a drive in the destination folder browser.
The phone is detected in windows and I can see the card contents through  windows browser but cant see it from JR.
Also the sync option in JR doesn't recognize the size of the memory card it shows only 4GB instead of 64GB.

Thanks in advance appreciate your time to respond.
In MC, click "Sync Handheld" in action window.

Drag and drop music tracks onto the window.

In Action Window, click the Options button and under "Conversion" >> "Audio", change Mode to "Specified Output Format" and change Encoder to "MP3 Encoder", the default output location is the "Music" folder on the device.  Change this if desired.  Click OK.

Click the "Transfer" button and your music should be converted to MP3 and transferred to the phone.

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

sumerian

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 12:39:24 pm »

In MC, click "Sync Handheld" in action window.

Drag and drop music tracks onto the window.

In Action Window, click the Options button and under "Conversion" >> "Audio", change Mode to "Specified Output Format" and change Encoder to "MP3 Encoder", the default output location is the "Music" folder on the device.  Change this if desired.  Click OK.

Click the "Transfer" button and your music should be converted to MP3 and transferred to the phone.

Thanks for the response, i first tried to use the sync option but the MC doesnt recognize memory it shows only 4gb instead of 64gb

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 12:48:27 pm »

So it sees the internal memory, but not the SD card?  Does Windows assign the SD card a drive letter in explorer?

sumerian

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 01:00:26 pm »

So it sees the internal memory, but not the SD card?  Does Windows assign the SD card a drive letter in explorer?

Using Sync:
It shows both Internal Memory and SD card but displays wrong size for SD card.

Using conversion tool.
Doesnt show the phone in the browser.

Windows didnt assign a drive to the SD card but it identifies the phone once you click on it you can access the SD card

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 02:24:33 pm »

Using Sync:
It shows both Internal Memory and SD card but displays wrong size for SD card.

Using conversion tool.
Doesnt show the phone in the browser.

Windows didnt assign a drive to the SD card but it identifies the phone once you click on it you can access the SD card
Could you enable logging in MC (on the Help menu), then restart MC and get to the point where it shows you the wrong capacity on the SD card, then send me a log file?  Thanks.

sumerian

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 06:18:23 pm »

Could you enable logging in MC (on the Help menu), then restart MC and get to the point where it shows you the wrong capacity on the SD card, then send me a log file?  Thanks.

Attached the log.

Removing the log ... No response

shAf

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 05:49:15 am »

Thanks for the response, i first tried to use the sync option but the MC doesnt recognize memory it shows only 4gb instead of 64gb

I have a 500Gb HD in my Q5, and I also use a 32Gb SD. I remember needing a special FAT32 format utility. It's been a couple of years and I forget where I got it from--Pm me for providing me with your email and I'll send it to you.
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up