INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Long and short Fastforward/Rewind skip times?  (Read 3331 times)

dexterdom

• Recent member
Long and short Fastforward/Rewind skip times?
« on: October 30, 2015, 03:10:27 pm »

Hello, I've checked the wiki and done a few forum searches with no luck, so hopefully I haven't missed something obvious. Is there a way to configure 2 separate FFWD and RWD skips times, similar to SageTV?

In SageTV I am able to define 2 separate skip times for each direction. This is how I have it configured:

FFWD#1 = 10s  and  FFWD#2 = 3 min

RWD#1 = 10s and RWD#2 = 3 min

I have these mapped to separate remote buttons, and this give me the ability to skip forward/back either 10 seconds or 3 minutes, depending on the granularity I need.

Is this possible in MC 21?

Edit: I'm referring to video navigation here, not music

dexterdom

• Recent member
Re: Long and short Fastforward/Rewind skip times?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 06:40:05 am »

Anyone?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 01:20:39 pm »

I just checked the 21 video options and it looks like there is only one setting each for skipping forward and backward. (ranging from 5 secs to 3 minutes -- its called jump behavior btw).

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 09:39:46 am »

If you have a remote that you can program custom buttons with, you could use a MCC command...or at least it looks like you can.  Based on the wiki:

10034   MCC_SEEK_FORWARD   int nMilliseconds (0 means default -- varies depending on playback type)
10035   MCC_SEEK_BACK   int nMilliseconds (0 means default -- varies depending on playback type)

Here is the wiki page:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands

I use EventGhost on my HTPC, which allows my remote commands to be translated to almost anything, so I use MCC commands for a lot of things.

dexterdom

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 02:29:50 pm »

If you have a remote that you can program custom buttons with, you could use a MCC command...or at least it looks like you can.  Based on the wiki:

10034   MCC_SEEK_FORWARD   int nMilliseconds (0 means default -- varies depending on playback type)
10035   MCC_SEEK_BACK   int nMilliseconds (0 means default -- varies depending on playback type)

Here is the wiki page:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands

I use EventGhost on my HTPC, which allows my remote commands to be translated to almost anything, so I use MCC commands for a lot of things.

Ah yes makes makes perfect sense. I use Girder with a customizable remote so I can definitely do what you are suggesting. Thank you!

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 02:46:17 pm »

Hope it works!  I haven't done this, but based on what I see, it should work fine.  I assume you know, but 3 minutes would be 180000 milliseconds.

dexterdom

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 08:30:28 pm »

I won't have a chance to test it until the weekend but I'm confident that it will work. Understand about the millisecond units, but thanks for the reminder :)

dexterdom

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 08:57:35 am »

I finally got around to testing this last night and it works like a charm, exactly as expected. I now have the ability to FFW and RWD in both 10 second and 3 minute increments. Thanks again for the help.
Cheers...

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 08:59:13 am »

Excellent!
Pages: [1]   Go Up