INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have requested these few times never got response are these options available  (Read 2092 times)

sumerian

• Recent member

Can we please add the option  to "convert to flac" under burn disc (Data CD or DVD) section.
right now we only have MP3 option.

Option to update the source location for multiple tracks.

Can we have option to skip conversion for certain file extesnion

right now we have option to skip if the source and destination extensions are same

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!

Can we please add the option  to "convert to flac" under burn disc (Data CD or DVD) section.
right now we only have MP3 option.

Not sure what you mean here.  Convert and / or Rip to FLAC has been there since at least version 17 (When I started using MC)

Again.  Easy to do.  Just select all the files you want to change  and edit the tag(s)

Can we have option to skip conversion for certain file extension

Not sure about this one.  Maybe someone else will chime in.

right now we have option to skip if the source and destination extensions are same

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Not sure what you mean here.  Convert and / or Rip to FLAC has been there since at least version 17 (When I started using MC)

The OP means when burning a data disc. You can only set it to automatically convert to MP3 or WMA, not any other formats. I see why it has the convert to MP3 (for MP3-CD playing devices in days of Yore) but I can't imagine the need to convert to FLAC on the fly when burning data discs is a common need.

I can't even imagine that the entire burn to disc function is a common need anymore, frankly.

In any case, that isn't available now. If your source formats are FLAC, then it'll use those if you just leave it to original. If your source formats are not FLAC, and you need to do this a bunch, just convert them to FLAC for good, would be my choice. If you really don't want to do that for some reason, but you need to burn some discs, you can also create FLAC copies in a variety of ways, including creating a Handheld or just using the built-in Convert Format system. You could convert them and have it make copies and stack them with the originals, and then use those copies whenever you need to burn them.

No idea what this means.

Can we have option to skip conversion for certain file extesnion

The Handheld converter can do this. You can set up any filesystem location as a handheld, so you could do it as a two-step process.  Convert your files to a Handheld (perhaps using a playlist as a source, so you can easily build the list of files to burn) and then run the handheld sync to make a folder full of files which you can then burn to disc.

See more:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Handhelds
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up