INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glitchy streaming to Android  (Read 2383 times)

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
Glitchy streaming to Android
« on: August 03, 2015, 09:03:14 am »

Hello –

I had been using Gizmo for a year on my Android phone (Moto X) and it was rock-solid. Then AT&T pushed Android 5.1 to volunteers and since then my streaming has been very glitchy, with lots of little stops and starts. I would have thought it was poor 4G connection on the cell phone side but it's still a poor quality stream even when I am connected over wifi. I also tried using JRemote at about the same time. It's not any better, because, as I determined, JRemote doesn't cache like Gizmo does. Streaming to the iPad over wifi via JRemote has been perfectly fine.

At this point, any kind of streaming to Android for me is so glitchy as to be useless. I tried to isolate the problem more and it seems like when I have the phone out in the middle of nowhere but with a decent connection, I have a good stream. I'd think that it could be possible Bluetooth interference, were it not for the fact that using headphones (and over wifi) has about the same quality of connection.

I don't really think that it's the Android version as I had about a decent week's worth of streaming (wifi only though) on Lollipop before the trouble started. Maybe there was a new version of MC sometime between July 5th and 18th that did something to streaming? Or maybe something happened to Gizmo in that time period?

I willingly admit I have no idea here... It could certainly be Android as well, but I think my timeline of difficulty rules it out.

Thanks for any and all ideas –
Micah

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Glitchy streaming to Android
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 11:57:23 am »

I see this post is a few months old with no replies.  Wondering if you ever had success with Gizmo/Android/video.  I also have been unable to stream video with Gizmo.

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Glitchy streaming to Android
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 11:59:00 am »

I see this post is a few months old with no replies.  Wondering if you ever had success with Gizmo/Android/video.  I also have been unable to stream video with Gizmo.

Gizmo started to work better for me when I got a new phone (LG G4). Nowadays, it's a toss-up between it and JRemote.

I can't say I've ever tried video; sorry.

Micah
Pages: [1]   Go Up