INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi Channel SACD ISO's to Stereo  (Read 2013 times)

rogerwl

Multi Channel SACD ISO's to Stereo
« on: November 18, 2015, 11:48:37 pm »

Hello,

I have Multi Channel SACD ISO files which contain both Stereo and Multi Channel tracks. My DAC can play only Two channel tracks. The playback of those files will be initiated either in Windows explorer double click on the ISO file or by using a command line to play the file. I know that it is possible to make a custom view in JRiver to filter out the multi channel tracks, but since I am initiating the playback of the files outside of JRiver I did not find any command line to play only the Stereo streams of the file. Is there a global setting in JRiver to play only Two Channel tracks from the ISO's or another way to instruct MC to play only the Stereo portion of the file? I have tried to use the DSP settings but this does not work.

Thanks

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multi Channel SACD ISO's to Stereo
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 08:14:23 am »

How about playing it from inside of MC?  MC is one of the most powerful media browsers and organizers ever produced.  Why launch music externally when MC is so sophisticated, so powerful, and so good?

Brian.

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: Multi Channel SACD ISO's to Stereo
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 06:08:34 pm »

If you use JRiver's Views, then you can add a Rule that says "Channels <= 2".

In fact, what I do is to use Zones and ZoneSwitch.

I have a Stereo Zone and a Multichannel Zone.

ZoneSwitch switches between them using the above rule for Stereo and "Channels >2" for Multichannel.

Stereo goes to my USB DAC and Multichannel goes to the motherboard's built-in 5.1 DAC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up