INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with asio driver and dsd  (Read 2131 times)

oie

• Junior Woodchuck
Problems with asio driver and dsd
« on: September 18, 2015, 05:13:52 am »

Hi,
I am having to reinstall my dac asio driver every time I update to a new version of jriver. The dsd files don't work after the update. The rest works fine. My Dac is this: http://www.box-designs.com/main.php?prod=dacboxrs
It didn't happen with version 20.
Thanks in advance.

jakpak

• Recent member
Re: Problems with asio driver and dsd
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 12:51:17 pm »

I know it's been a while since you've posted this, and no one else has responded, but I seem to have a similar issue.  I've been using the Bricasti M1, http://www.bricasti.com/m1_specs.html  and seemingly for no reason, DSD stopped streaming properly.  Like you, I ended up having to reinstall the driver, but I've no idea why this was an issue.  As you say, it didn't happen in MC20.

oie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 08:26:44 am »

Hi,
Somehow it's working fine now.
I am not sure if it was that the driver was not properly installed or if something has changed at some point on jriver21.
I downloaded, installed and uninstalled the driver on several occasions and I've kept updating jriver to the latest version.
Regards,
O

jakpak

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 02:53:07 pm »

Huh!  I'm glad its been working for you.  Come to realize, my problem must be a little different - it's happening more frequently than just following updates.
If I switch between DSD and PCM enough times, the DSD will just fail to activate one of those times.
I suspect I'll have to roll a version or two back and disable automatic updates, since I've only recently had the issue.  The driver's been in use since 2009 with no reported issues like this, and now I've had the problem on multiple computers - but only those running MC21.  I'm afraid that identifying this issue is probably going to be beyond my technical expertise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up