INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio output simultaneously from two sound cards  (Read 2182 times)

lello

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Audio output simultaneously from two sound cards
« on: November 21, 2015, 01:01:50 am »

I would need, while watching a film, to release the audio simultaneously by the HDMI video card, sound card that Essence ST (headphone): is there a solution?

It would be fine to use headset with Bluetooth after installing a  adapter USB/bluetooh but before buying headphones and adapter, I wanted to be sure that it would work.

Thanks

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Re: Audio output simultaneously from two sound cards
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 01:12:40 pm »

You should be able to create a second zone with the second sound / Video card and "Link" them. 

Be aware though that there are often sync issues when doing this.  Being on the same computer though this should be greatly reduced and with headphones totally useable.

I do this for separate rooms connected to my receiver via HDMI for main and Analogue audio for the secondary room(s).

Carl.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 10:16:41 am »

Thanks for the reply. :)

I went to the "Playing Now" and I linked the two sound cards. Some difficulty I managed to run the two boards at the same time, even though I could not restart the movie from the point of view of the above but only the beginning.

But the biggest problem is that I do not work in mode Theater View. He tells me: "linked areas only support audio playback".

I forgot: I had to set up the two boards in Direct Sound to make them work.

I do something else?

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 04:51:56 pm »

I would recommend only having one audio source and splitting off the stereo audio.  Your AV receiver almost certainly has a tape output on RCAs that should output a stereo mix of whatever it is playing via HDMI.  You could then route those RCAs to your wireless headphone transmitter and have the audio in both places as you wish.

Brian.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 11:50:34 am »

I tried, but it only works using the stereo input and not hdmi that interesting to me  :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up