INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Picture looks "smooshed"  (Read 2035 times)

boondoggle45

• Recent member
Picture looks "smooshed"
« on: November 22, 2015, 02:20:00 pm »

I already know how lame I am for having to ask this, but go ahead and let me have it!  I've tried looking for this answer, but the truth is I have no idea what to search for or where.  I am beyond a neophyte, I have no idea of what terms that I should use or what section of the TV forums I need to look in.   Here goes...

The picture on my screen looks like it is crammed together from the sides to the middle.  I have tried playing with the settings (aspect ratio, stretch) on both the TV and Video settings, but it seems that all I can do is make it worse.  I was accidentally able to make the picture look uncramped one time, but I can't do it again.  If it matters, I'm using an Avertv Hybrid Volar Max TV USB stick.

Also, on most new shows, it works just great.  The problem comes with older OTA shows (The Munsters, Buzzr TV shows), but other shows I record are just fine.  The only input I'm using come from an outdoor HD antenna, so all of the video comes OTA.  I am using MC version 21.0.23.

Thank you very much for any guidance you can give.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Picture looks "smooshed"
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 02:44:04 pm »

Check these settings:
In Standard View, go to Tools>Options>Video then Advanced, set "Aspect Ratio correction" to No Correction, and "Aspect Ratio mode" to No correction. Then at "Display Settings" turn "Display Settings Automatic Change Mode" to "On".

If you are still seeing incorrect aspect ratios when watching a movie or TV Show, you can make an adjustment while viewing. Use the remotes Up/Dwn button to toggle to Zoom or change the Aspect ratio, use the right/left direction button to highlight the selection and Enter button to make a selection/change. Once you make a selection MC will save it so you don't need to do it again the next time you view.

boondoggle45

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 02:50:05 pm »

Thank you very much.  The video settings were set as you described, but that didn't seem to do the trick.  But using the buttons on the remote and changing the setting to "Stretch" did exactly what I needed.  Thank you again so much.  It was driving me nuts!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 11:00:47 am »

Thank you very much.  The video settings were set as you described, but that didn't seem to do the trick.  But using the buttons on the remote and changing the setting to "Stretch" did exactly what I needed.  Thank you again so much.  It was driving me nuts!

It's possible that the real culprit is automatic display rate changing, whereby your driver is set to underscan at some refresh rates and not others.
Pages: [1]   Go Up