INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver doesn't light up Asus Bit Perfect led?  (Read 2554 times)

arkuatic

JRiver doesn't light up Asus Bit Perfect led?
« on: November 30, 2015, 09:18:43 pm »

I have the ASIO driver selected in JRiver options however the led doesn't light up on CDs nor on FLAC tracks that DO light up when I am using Foobar2000 with ASIO drivers.  Using latest drivers/firmware for the Asus. 

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver doesn't light up Asus Bit Perfect led?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 04:37:20 am »

are you using the Asus ASio driver, or the JRiver asio driver ? You probably should be using the native Asus driver. Have no idea what you mean by the LED though. Asus does have a rep for some funky drivers for their cards though  ;)

arkuatic

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 05:59:33 am »

Ahh, seems I forgot to mention this is on the Asus Essence One DAC.  http://www.asus.com/microsite/essence/tutorialpage/JRiver-ASIO.html are the steps I followed.  There is a light on the DAC that lights up with the audio is played though ASIO.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 06:46:49 am »

euh ok then did you configure JRiver through the Asus Asio driver or the JRiver ASIO driver?. Without knowing your JRiver config and not knowing your DAC I'd just be guessing. You can check in JRiver if the output is bit perfect, the audio path button upper right near the search box should be blue (using the Noire skin.

btw running an ASIO driver doesn't mean you are running bit-perfect, the folks at ASUS really are really being "creative" in their guide.

arkuatic

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 06:07:18 pm »

Sorry, missed that part.  Playing through the Asus ASIO driver as JRiver does not have an option for me to select their ASIO drivers.  Oddly enough foobar allows me to select either, from asus or jriver.  I have not altered anything on JRiver outside of the output to ASUS ASIO.

I am awfully novice on these things so there is a lot I still need to learn.  Another thing I find a bit odd is the volume levels between the rips of foobar and JRiver.  The rips from foobar would be louder but when playing the rips from JRiver in foobar it is a bit lower on volume but louder if played on JRiver.  I had an instance where JRiver froze while ripping which resulted in a rip similar in volume to foobar rips but ripping another, this is of course all the same song, the volume reverts to a lower volume played outside of JRiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up