INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did the "Get Movie & TV Info" tool break regarding missing Season or Episode #s  (Read 3466 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

Background: I have a TV series (NOVA) that I record regularly and the episode number that comes from my EPG source is always wrong.
Meaning the EPG source (coming from mc2xml =>Zap2it data) says the episode is, for example, "8" but the show is actually listed as episode "17" at "theTVDb.com". So the wrong episode art, title, and description will be looked up with the Get Movie & TV Info tool.

Previously: In the past I was able to delete the "episode number" (or the "season year") and run the "Get Movie & TV Info" tool which would then use the remaining data (Series, Name, Year, ?) to come up with the correct episode and season number. If I deleted the season or episode number it would stay blank during the lookup.

Currently: However now if I remove either the Season or Episode number, MC inserts a "0" and then the Get Movie & TV Info tool looks up the wrong episode.

There were a couple of threads on this a while back. Such as:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=102045.msg707986#msg707986

Hendrik

• Administrator

An Episode of 0 is equal to unset, and even if it tried to use it, there are no episodes with value zero as I can see in NOVA.
In that case it will look for a matching Season+Name entry, if you want *only* Name to be used, Season also needs to be empty.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

CountryBumkin

The latest NOVA episode (recoded last night) is "Memory Hackers" it shows in MC as S43E6, but it is actually S43E15. The Series Name, Episode Name, and Description are correct. Just the episode number is wrong.

If I remove the Episode "6" and run the Get Movie & TV Info tool, it does the lookup on NOVA S43E0 which comes back as "Season 43 Episode 1 "Dawn of Humanity"".

If I remove both the Season number "43" and Episode number "6", the Get Movie & TV Info tool looks up "NOVA S0E0" and returns "Season 0, Episode 1 "To the Moon".

If I remove Season "43" and use Episode "15" (the correct episode) the tool runs on "NOVA S0E15" and returns "NOVA Hunting the Edge of Space".

So no combination is currently finding the correct results. I could swear that this used to work. Maybe I'm wrong.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team

Seen this behavior after a complete uninstall + delete registry, no restore backup, and just import previously recorded shows. ALL of the previous NOVA episodes were given episode 0 and title To the Moon.

After getting things all setup again, the episode titles and episode numbers seem to be fine for 95% of things. I am using a different guide provider than you and here is what I got from last night's Nova:
Title: Memory Hackers
Description: Researchers study how memories can be implanted, changed and erased.
Season: 2016
Episode: 4307

However, there are still some shows that do not get proper season/episode numbers from the guide service and keep defaulting to episode 0 with generic titles like "season premiere" and really generic descriptions.

I don't ever perform "get tv movie info" on tv shows because the info that comes from guide service is good enough and I'm not concerned with episode images (thumbnails are fine). I always do manually perform "get tv movie info" for movies and it usually works great.

Does anyone record "Castle" on ABC? Ever tried to get cover art from internet? Even searching without season/episode returns the strangest things  :-\
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient

The latest NOVA episode (recoded last night) is "Memory Hackers" it shows in MC as S43E6, but it is actually S43E15. The Series Name, Episode Name, and Description are correct. Just the episode number is wrong.

If I remove the Episode "6" and run the Get Movie & TV Info tool, it does the lookup on NOVA S43E0 which comes back as "Season 43 Episode 1 "Dawn of Humanity"".

If I remove both the Season number "43" and Episode number "6", the Get Movie & TV Info tool looks up "NOVA S0E0" and returns "Season 0, Episode 1 "To the Moon".

If I remove Season "43" and use Episode "15" (the correct episode) the tool runs on "NOVA S0E15" and returns "NOVA Hunting the Edge of Space".

So no combination is currently finding the correct results. I could swear that this used to work. Maybe I'm wrong.

It used to work at least for seasons; empty values were previously ignored, but explicitly set 0's would look for "0" at least with respect to seasons.  I never tried looking for episode 0.

Hendrik

• Administrator

I found the problem, the comparison for the episode name was broken.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

CountryBumkin

Great. Thanks.
I'll look (hopefully) for this fix in version 21.0.48 (?).

Hendrik

• Administrator

Great. Thanks.
I'll look (hopefully) for this fix in version 21.0.48 (?).

Yes, it should be in there.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up