INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting the "default columns" for the grid globally in audio only mode?  (Read 2149 times)

Windcrest77

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi,

I usually dont need to ask so many questions anymore, but this has me stumped...

99% of the time I use the same columns in all my views in audio. I right click the heading to set the columns I want but MC for example always throws in a few extra columns that I never want (like track# and file name) so I have to constantly go hide them again.

How can I permanently set my "default columns" when in Audio Only mode to a fixed set and order for all grids (search results, changing playlists, play doctor results, etc)? I want to permanently have these be my default columns when in audio only mode no matter what I dis to create the grid I'm on:

(image, name, duration, rating, artist, genre, album, bitrate, filetype, date (year))

I cant seem to find the option to create/maintain my "default set" of columns to prevent the filename and track# and others from constantly re-appearing.

Thanks

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Setting the "default columns" for the grid globally in audio only mode?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 02:28:50 pm »

The columns visible in the details-style file listing are saved for each Media View.  So, each of the items in the Tree can have their own set of Columns. The easiest way to set a bunch of different Views to use the same set of columns is to save your column layout as a Preset, and then apply that preset to your other Views.

A couple things worth noting:

1. If you are using MC in a client-server setup, you must change the column layouts (along with all View management) on the Server. Any changes made on the clients are discarded when you close and re-open the client.

2. You can lock Views so that changes are disallowed. To make sure they aren't locked, right click on the View in the Tree and choose Customize View. Then on the right-hand side, make sure Advanced > Lock view is unchecked.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Windcrest77

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Setting the "default columns" for the grid globally in audio only mode?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 08:49:31 pm »

Thanks, i applied my own preset to all the tree nodes I typically use. Works great
Pages: [1]   Go Up