INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question... How to Top Hits (Weekly, Monthly)...  (Read 2134 times)

makersjam

• Recent member
Question... How to Top Hits (Weekly, Monthly)...
« on: December 09, 2015, 08:32:27 am »

Could someone please point me to the place that explains how to do this. (or clue me in)

I'm looking to create smart lists based on the top tracks played over the last week, month, etc.

Is this possible?

Much thanks!
Jim

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Question... How to Top Hits (Weekly, Monthly)...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 09:19:00 am »

We can't do that. Wished we could for a long time.

MC keeps track of the number of plays, and last played date, but does not keep a history of those. You can get a list of tracks played in the past week / month easily enough, but the number plays data associated with them is from the beginning of time as far as your library is concerned, which is more than ten years in my case.

Why don't we have this?
I'm not sure. My last.fm page has something like 65000 scrobbles. If MC were tracking the how and when of every track, how big would the library backup become over time? Maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know.

-marko

makersjam

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 09:59:23 am »

Thanks for the reply. That stinks tho.

I use LastFM too but recently it stopped taking the plays from my iPod Classic. For a long time when I plugged my iPod in with MC running it would send the plays off of my iPod to LastFM. No clue why it stopped.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 10:36:50 am »

You can certainly get lists of what you've played based on Last Played Date.  It's the [Last Played] field.  You *could* include number of times played also, but as Marko said, the play count is cumulative.

I'm trying to think if there's another way to get at the information you're trying to list.  How would it help you to know that you listened to a certain track 10 times this month?  Would that tell you something else, like that you need to listen to other stuff?  Or find similar genres that you like?  Just thinking about what you might do with this information and if there's another way in MC to get what you're looking for.

Brian.

makersjam

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 03:19:03 pm »

No reason other than just to see the play state as LastFM shows. Always enjoyed glancing at LastFM and see how my listening choices change.
Pages: [1]   Go Up