INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Individual record time extensions?  (Read 2499 times)

cgott42

• Junior Woodchuck
Individual record time extensions?
« on: December 08, 2015, 03:54:36 pm »

Can the TV/DVR add on for JRiver MC allow you to extend the record time of a specific show?
e.g. NFL Football is one of the shows I'd subscribe to and I'd like it to record all instances of it, and extend the recording time 1 hour past the time slot in the EPG (in case there's overtime) and to only do so for that show, while recording the other shows according to the EPG

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Individual record time extensions?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 04:13:16 pm »

Yeah, you can set the time to start recording early and recording long for any recording or subscription.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cgott42

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 04:26:14 pm »

If I currently have Verizon FIOS and record using WMC + CableCard on a Win 7 PC + Ceton InfiniTV 4 tuner
If I install the MC TV recorder add on - will it cause conflicts with the existing WMC setup? or do I need to uninstall WMC first?
Likewise, if for whatever reason the JRiver MC21 TV doesn't work out, can I just simply run WMC and it'll run the way it always did?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 05:27:20 pm »

If I currently have Verizon FIOS and record using WMC + CableCard on a Win 7 PC + Ceton InfiniTV 4 tuner

That should all be fine as long as you are not recording Copy Once programs using your CableCard. Copy Freely programs, or programs with no DRM, are already supported on JRiver MC. For Copy Once, see http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101468.0

If I install the MC TV recorder add on - will it cause conflicts with the existing WMC setup? or do I need to uninstall WMC first?

You will need to stop WMC from trying to use the TV tuners if you are testing or running MC TV capabilities. You don't need to uninstall WMC, but you need to stop it, and its two services, from starting with Windows. There is also a setting in MC that disables WMC to avoid conflict over Infrared commands, at Tools/Options/Theatre View/Behaviour.

Likewise, if for whatever reason the JRiver MC21 TV doesn't work out, can I just simply run WMC and it'll run the way it always did?

Simply turn off the MC TV feature again in Tools/Options/General/Features, turn off the disable WMC setting at Tools/Options/Theatre View/Behaviour, and re-enable WMC start-up with Windows. Of course WMC will need to catch up with EPG updates and so on, but should work as before.

There has been quite a bit of discussion around WMC behaviour vs MC, particularly in the Television forum. Do some searching and reading to learn more about any the differences and what to expect when converting over to MC.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

cgott42

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 08:43:30 pm »

thx
Pages: [1]   Go Up