INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ability to create custom guide grids?  (Read 2130 times)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Ability to create custom guide grids?
« on: December 09, 2015, 03:26:58 pm »

Taken from

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101879.0

bouquets. Typical satellite installation in central Europe use two satellites (Hotbird & Astra) and gives you around 2500 channels. Maneuvering around that without any grouping is a chore. Typical solution is to put channel in several categories (e.g. FreeToAir, English, Music, Radio, Favorites, etc.) so I can quickly find a channel I'm interested in.

The ability to create custom guide grids would be great. Currently we can search and create lists for different channels, but not actually show them on a guide grid (as far as I know).

The ideal would be to have the option as part of setup. You would create your custom guide grids, which would then show in the Channel Manager, and you could select or deselect each channel in each grid as you currently do Favorites.

Alternatively, the ability to show Theater View search results in the TV Guide grid (a tick option perhaps?) would do the same thing.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Ability to create custom guide grids?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 07:13:46 pm »

This is already available.

1. Create a new Theatre View view under the Guide group. I created one called "Guide Filtered".
2. Go into Theatre View, select the "Guide Filtered" view. Press the up arrow to highlight the view name, then the right arrow to select "More". Select "Toggle List Style" until you get the grid layout.
3. Now comes the hard part; Work out how to identify the channels to include on the list, and then go back into the Theatre View view maintenance and enter whatever is required in the "Set rules for display..." for the view.

I tried a couple of simple examples that were partly successful. Adding a Keyword to a channel via a Channels Smartlist didn't seem to work. I added the Keyword "Filtered" to a few channels, and then tried the rules [Keywords]="Filtered" (contains), and [Keywords]=[Filtered] (is), and various filters on [TV Channel], [TV Channel Number], [TV Tuner Input Type], and [TV XMLTV ID] and didn't have a lot of success. But that is just me not getting the filter right, or understanding exactly what data is available to use as a filter in that view.

With some help, I'm sure that various Guides could be set up.

One way to see what is going on is to set up a rule that says "'TV Channel' is ' then you get a drop down list of the internal TV Channel identifiers. From there I was able to add several channels, with one rule for each channel, and have them display in my filtered Guide. The rule, as seen in the "Import/Export" window, was;
([TV Channel]=[23429] or [TV Channel]=[23431] or [TV Channel]=[23432] or [TV Channel]=[23435] or [TV Channel]=[23436])

So as you can see, the TV Channel numbers aren't human readable, and need some interpretation. Not a huge huddle though.

Works great try it out.  :D

EDIT:

Actually, the "Favorites" Guide is an example of what dejwi is asking for. I just had a look at the "Favorites" Guide settings, and it shows how to select channels using a Keyword. The rule required is;
Code: [Select]
[=TVInfo(ChannelKeywords)&DataType=[List]]=[Favorite]
Replace "Favorite" with any keyword you want to group channels by, and the job is done. Well, once you tag all the channels with a keyword. But that could be streamlined using a smartlist or custom view to find and select a a range of channels, then tag them all in groups. Large groups I hope when there are 2500 channels to tag.

Simple when you know how.  ;D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

imugli

• MC Beta Team
Re: Ability to create custom guide grids?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 08:32:59 pm »

Thanks, I had a vague recollection that it was possible, so you've confirmed that. Thank you :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up