INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrong audio stream language names displayed  (Read 3934 times)

masterjoe

• World Citizen
Wrong audio stream language names displayed
« on: December 09, 2015, 03:51:36 pm »

Currently I am looking a series which has two audio streams in each episode: English and German.
Previously with MC20 everything was fine when switching between the two languages and they were displayed as the correct languages before the switch.

MC21 has a bug where now both streams are displayed as "Abkhazian". So instead of "German" and "English" I now get "Abkhazian" and "Abkhazian".

Something has been messed up here...

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Wrong audio stream language names displayed
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 04:01:15 pm »

Is this limited to one particular file, or for more files?
I don't really remember any changes that would interfere with the language selection.

Can you maybe share a short sample file which shows the problem?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

masterjoe

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 04:23:48 pm »

I would - but actually I am not allowed to attach files here as it seems. First it said not larger than 1200 KB (it was 1700 KB after encoding a sample) then I re-encoded it to 1000 KB and then it said not larger than 700 KB... sorry I won't like to be fooled another time by retrying this again :(

I try to attach a screenshot of the wrongly displayed stream names instead (if it works?!)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 02:04:19 am »

I would - but actually I am not allowed to attach files here as it seems. First it said not larger than 1200 KB (it was 1700 KB after encoding a sample) then I re-encoded it to 1000 KB and then it said not larger than 700 KB... sorry I won't like to be fooled another time by retrying this again :(

You could put a sample on DropBox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, or anything of that sort.
Or if all else fails, a hosting site like https://www.sendspace.com/, which should not require any sort of signup for relatively small files.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

masterjoe

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 04:19:50 am »

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 04:30:42 am »

Thanks, I'll take a look whats up.

From a quick glance, it seems like the streams don't have any language info. Of course showing Abkhazian isn't right then either. :D
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

masterjoe

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 04:44:50 am »

Yeah, thanks. After some further digging I found out what you already stated - there is no language info for the audio in this file. Dunno whether this came from converting the sample?
However in the case of unknown languages MC20 simply displays NO language name at all (just tested it) - so the streams are "1" and "2". That's maybe the least ugly solution instead of "unknown" or even any unknown foreign language names ;)

So if this would be the case - i.e. the audio streams have no language ids at all - is there any batch tool you know of which allows to quickly and easily change this for hundreds of files? So that I could say something like: always label audio stream 1 as "German" and audio stream 2 as "English"? And then write the audio stream ids into the file without actually recoding anything else (so that it's quick)?
Technically it should be possible but is there an easy batch tool for something like that?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 04:47:13 am »

For the next build:
Fixed: Audio tracks without a language tag would erroneously show as "Abkhazian" in the Display View OSD.

For batching .. I'm not aware of a quick way to do that for MP4 files. I'm sure it exists, but I haven't really had the need to figure such a thing out yet.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

masterjoe

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 04:51:21 am »

Ok, but cool that there will be a fix so that people from Abkhazia no longer wonder why their language is everywhere =)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 04:57:41 am »

It just happened to be the first in our language list. :D
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up