INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-Import Found Items It Shouldn't Have  (Read 2023 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Auto-Import Found Items It Shouldn't Have
« on: December 09, 2015, 05:07:19 pm »

I recently moved all my music to a new NAS (from nas03 - t:\ to nas04 - u:\).  I updated my auto-import rules to point to u:\, did a find and replace, shut down nas03 and everything was good to go.  This has been at least 3 months.  Today I booted up nas03 to install a new firmware and to see what was still left on it, if I should format and re-use the drive space, etc.  I then shut the nas down after having it up for maybe 60 minutes.  I just fired up MC to playback some music, hit play and got "something is wrong."  I noticed that my library is essentially duplicated now, showing entries from t:\ and u:\.  I can restore the library and fix the immediate problem, but my auto-import shows nothing pointing to t:\ anymore, so why would MC even try to import from there? 

Just want to make sure the next time I fired up the old nas this doesn't happen again...  Thanks!

blgentry

Re: Auto-Import Found Items It Shouldn't Have
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 05:19:39 pm »

I recently moved all my music to a new NAS (from nas03 - t:\ to nas04 - u:\).  I updated my auto-import rules to point to u:\,

did a find and replace

How did you do a find and replace?

My guess (and it's a guess) is that you still had a bunch of entries in your library pointing to T:\ *AND* that you have Fix Broken Links set to "Yes (protect files on missing drives).  So when you fired the old NAS back up, MC saw T:\ again and brought all of those entries back to life.  You can check to see if that setting is on:

Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Configure auto import > tasks > Fix broken links

I like to keep mine set to "No" and then fix broken links manually.  Just my preference.

Brian.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 05:29:11 pm »

How did you do a find and replace?

My guess (and it's a guess) is that you still had a bunch of entries in your library pointing to T:\ *AND* that you have Fix Broken Links set to "Yes (protect files on missing drives).  So when you fired the old NAS back up, MC saw T:\ again and brought all of those entries back to life.  You can check to see if that setting is on:

Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Configure auto import > tasks > Fix broken links

I like to keep mine set to "No" and then fix broken links manually.  Just my preference.

Brian.

I think I did Tools > Library Tools > Rename, Move, & Copy Files > Find and Replace t:\ > u:\.  With the Update Database, but don't move files option.  I'm pretty sure that's what I did because when I open that now it still shows that I last did s:\tv\ -> u:\tv\ (I consolidated two nas boxes with the new one).

I don't have fix broken links checked and the files that were imported today had an import date/time of today.  I'm thinking this means they were net-new.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 05:53:53 pm »

What you remember doing is what I would have recommended.  If you definitely have no auto import entries pointing to T:\ then I'm not sure what's going on.  Unless you have some mapping or IP that makes the T:\ NAS look like the U:\ NAS somehow?  I'm just grasping at straws here.

Brian.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 06:16:30 pm »

What you remember doing is what I would have recommended.  If you definitely have no auto import entries pointing to T:\ then I'm not sure what's going on.  Unless you have some mapping or IP that makes the T:\ NAS look like the U:\ NAS somehow?  I'm just grasping at straws here.

Brian.

I bet I had the uPnP protocol on it, but that would have reflected the IP or DNS name of nas03 instead of t:\.

I think I just found it...  I exported my entire library to XML and searched on it.  I found a few hundred occurrences of t:\, almost all of them seem to be .cue files.  Cue files continually drive me bonkers.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 07:24:02 pm »

Ugggh.  Cue files....

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up