INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Art Question/Comment  (Read 1099 times)

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
Album Art Question/Comment
« on: September 02, 2003, 04:19:43 am »

If I select "Store Album Art in files" then selecting multiple songs from the same album doesn't display any images, however, if I deselect this value, it then displays the images.

I was wondering whether this removes cover art from files where it already exists or whether they are just pulled out of one of the files and put into a directory where it can be viewed, but that the files are left with the cover art in them.

Sorry if this is confusing.  All my files are APEs, so I don't really care if they are a few hundred KB larger, if that means that I'll never have to find the cover art again.  So I like to have the album art in the files.    However, this seems to stop the art from displaying when a full album is selected (or multiple songs from one album).

If I switch the setting back to not store images in the files, then the images display nicely.  Will this cause any problems as long as I remember to switch it back to store images in files before I download any other images?

Thanks,
kiwi

Sauzee

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album Art Question/Comment
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 06:00:46 am »

Yes it does the same thing when you highlight multiple mp3 files.  But it still displays the image when playing or in the tool tip.

Like you I prefer the cover art in the tag to prevent issues of losing them when re-arranging jpegs in my default cover art folder.  Personally, the MC behaviour you identified doesn't bother me, so I will carry on storing thumbnails in the tag.
Pages: [1]   Go Up