INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Customization  (Read 2938 times)

DotJun

• Recent member
Theater View Customization
« on: December 13, 2015, 05:08:16 am »

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me customize some things in theater view?

1. Right now, to get to movies and shows I have to first select "video" then the appropriate sub menu item I want. Is there a way to make movies and shows as a main menu item?

2. Once I've selected movies, there are again main and sub menus.
2a. Is there a way for me to remove "more" and "playing now" main menu items?
2b. Is there a way for me to move the sub menu items to the main menu portion inside of "movies"?

3. I have created a new library item that allows me to group my movies into box set collections. The movies I wanted grouped up I just add tags to and the ones I don't want grouped up I leave the tags alone.

My problem is that I now don't see a movie description until I select that movie and go down a level by hitting enter on my keyboard. I would like it to behave like the default library items that show movie description at the top most level.

Thanks in advance for any help rendered.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View Customization
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 05:57:42 am »

I'm a little confused so not sure I can help ... basically you can do anything you want for your #1 and #2b. 2a you have to live with, but they are very handy. You can add playing now to your "rollers" which I do everywhere, but I can't see how you can remove them. This is pretty essential for audio maybe less for Video I guess ...

All you have to do is go to Options=>Theater View and then move the items, either nesting them or un-nesting them first. You can set up primary or secondary rollers (or remove them). But if you have messed with Theater Views directly as you seem to have done for your #3 you should be aware of this already, so as I said a bit confused.

For your number three are you saying you want to immediately go to a type of "info screen"? or are you referring to your "box" views (eg drill down to the individual dvds in the box??) You might want to use stacking rather than tagging, but I'm not sure what you mean ... maybe a screenshot?

DotJun

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 08:35:32 am »

I'm a little confused so not sure I can help ... basically you can do anything you want for your #1 and #2b. 2a you have to live with, but they are very handy. You can add playing now to your "rollers" which I do everywhere, but I can't see how you can remove them. This is pretty essential for audio maybe less for Video I guess ...

All you have to do is go to Options=>Theater View and then move the items, either nesting them or un-nesting them first. You can set up primary or secondary rollers (or remove them). But if you have messed with Theater Views directly as you seem to have done for your #3 you should be aware of this already, so as I said a bit confused.

For your number three are you saying you want to immediately go to a type of "info screen"? or are you referring to your "box" views (eg drill down to the individual dvds in the box??) You might want to use stacking rather than tagging, but I'm not sure what you mean ... maybe a screenshot?

Thanks, and yea I figured out how the nesting thing worked after fiddling around a bit more.

I was hoping I could do something with the 2a part. I'm trying to dumb the interface down as much as I can as I don't want my kids to be able to change settings and other stuff in theater view.

I'll get a screenshot when I'm on my computer later today to show what I mean for #3.

Here's a couple more questions I have though: is there a way for me to remove the watched icon that looks like a check mark next to a movie title (I've no reason to see an icon for watched movies and I think it just clutters the minimalistic look I'm trying to get) and also that green play icon, which I think is a now playing icon?

DotJun

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 01:56:57 am »

Ok here are the example screenshots for my question about why the details portion of the movie is not showing up.

For Screenshot (1): This is the normal behavior. As you can see I am in the "Grid" Library item. You can see the movie detail on the right side of the screen.

For Screenshot (2): This is the Library item I created called "Groups". As you can see, there is no movie details on the right side of the screen. I can understand not showing details for the group of movies I have in the Jurassic Park entry, but why are there no details for the selected movie which is not part of a group?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 03:18:44 am »

Its a technical limitation, it can't show info for "some" entries in a view. Either a View is setup to only show single movies, then you'll get infos, or its setup to show groups/categories, then even a single movie is a "group of one" and nothing shows info.
Unfortunately, there isn't a clear cut way to fix this on our side. I tried to trick it once and only show info when a single movie is selected even in a group view, but that just didn't work with the layout, because it wants to use the full width to show the movie tiles.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up