INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues syncing to phone  (Read 1355 times)

franswilco

• World Citizen
Issues syncing to phone
« on: October 18, 2015, 07:19:22 am »

Hello everybody,

I've got a LG G4 (and used to have a LG G2 with similar issues). Whenever I plug in my phone to the computer, JRiver instantly recognizes it. It also recognizes the SD card of the phone just fine. I select the SD card under "Drivers & Devices. However, it takes ages for JRiver to stop saying "Working...". This is also the case with the Internal Storage, by the way.

Whenever I hit "Sync now" nothing much happens. In the Action Window, it very quickly goes to "100% import done". I guess what happens is that JRiver tries to copy file to a full memory card without deleting anything. So I have to remove all the songs and playlists on my phone manually first, before I hit "Sync Now". So actually not much "syncing" is being done.

Only after deleting the songs on the phone first, JRiver nicely copies the playlists and songs I selected for import to the phone. But on the phone, the playlists are completely empty (0 songs).

I've had this for ages now and I finally decided to reach out to see what I'm doing wrong. I'm using Windows 10 with JRiver 21 but had the same issues with Windows 7 (JRiver 20) and the LG G2. I tried different audio software on the phone, but that doesn't help. Android version is 5.1 but had the same issues with 4.whatever.

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Issues syncing to phone
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 06:26:18 pm »

Hi –

I have the EXACT same issue. Same phone and everything. I noticed it when I got this phone. I have found I can get a sync done if I manually drag a file over to the Handheld action window. Then it will scan the phone's memory for what's already there and sync the synced playlists. There must be something odd with this phone.

Any thoughts?

Micah
Pages: [1]   Go Up