INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Series, Cover art missing.  (Read 2635 times)

RobLMoore

• Recent member
DLNA Series, Cover art missing.
« on: March 02, 2016, 07:39:28 pm »

I would like to see cover art for:
Series
Season
Episode

How can I set it up?

I have tried customize views but can not seem to find anything in there to display cove art.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: DLNA Series, Cover art missing.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 07:59:31 pm »

gonna need a lot more info on this....you speak of DLNA. are you looking for the art on your tv? are you trying to display it within MC?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

RobLMoore

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 09:47:12 pm »

On all of my DLNA clients (2 TV's and a bluray) Movies show cover art without any issues.

The Series on the other hand do not show art for the series, no art for the season, but does show a captured clip from the episode.

I would like to show art for the series folder, the season folder and would like to change the episode art to something better.

Everything in MC displays as expected. It is only the DLNA that I need to fix.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 03:35:00 pm »

On all of my DLNA clients (2 TV's and a bluray) Movies show cover art without any issues.

The Series on the other hand do not show art for the series, no art for the season, but does show a captured clip from the episode.

I would like to show art for the series folder, the season folder and would like to change the episode art to something better.

if you don't have get info set up for tv series you would need to manually do it yourself!

as far as changing folder icons...this would be something you do in windows and not in MC

if everything in MC displays as expected then it could be your TV's issue and not MC...I have 2 smart TV's and i cant change the folder view for them...it's just how it is....not saying you can't just saying it's not MC....check your manuel's for the TV's....good luck
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 04:49:24 pm »

So you see Series art, Season art, and (correct) Episode art for your TV shows in MC's standard view already?  But not via DLNA?

Do you see a hierarchy via DLNA starting with Series, then Season, etc?  Or are all of the TV shows just laid out "flat" with no hierarchy?

Brian.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 12:53:58 am »

Apparently nobody understands the issue. The UPNP browse function is built on a tree structured format comprising "containers" and "items".

The "items" are basically tracks; they are the leaves at the end of the tree, and they contain meta data like Title, Album, Artist, Composer etc. and they include cover art resources.

The "containers" come in many flavours; a container of type "Album" will contain "items"; and usually also has some meta data in it too (Title, Album Art, Album Artist) including the album art resource.

Other containers can be of type "Genre" or "Artist" say, and they may contain either Album containers or Genre containers. These types may also contain meta data including an art resource. Although many UPNP servers don't bother to supply art resources for them..

And then there are containers of type "Folder" which are equivalent of PC file system folders. They may contain any combination of the above mentioned containers or items, but they usually don't have their own meta data.

What the OP is asking for, is that MC should not publish tv series items within a container of type "Folder" (without meta data) but rather publish them within a meta data rich container instead. I don't have the UPNP specifications with me, so I can't remember if there is a container of type "Series". I would be surprised if there isn't. But if there is not, then one would probably use the type "Album" perfectly well.

EDIT: it seems that there is not a container for TV Series, so I would suggest just to use the object.container.album class (see attachment)

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up