INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I use particles to take the place of BD menu?  (Read 1790 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
How do I use particles to take the place of BD menu?
« on: December 20, 2015, 08:46:11 am »

I bought the Disney WOW (World of Wonders) Blu-ray disk to optimize my HTPC setups. I was hoping to be able to add this BD to JRiver MC and then access it on all my HTPC Clients to optimize each TV.
I don't have optical drives on the client machines, so I need to access this disk like I do now for a movie (rip to Server).

I tried copying as 'ISO" using AnyDVD but I can't even open it this way (I have VirtualCloneDrive installed). I need to investigate this more since I believe this should work.

So I tried copying the BD to "folder structure" then setting up "Particles". I got around 25 particles, but none of them take me to the "Optimize" feature on the BD, I just get particles for about 25 short movie (test) sections on the BD.

How do I get to the menu sections?

I need to get to this menu selection: Screen shot from using PowerDVD to open BD.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: How do I use particles to take the place of BD menu?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 02:27:22 pm »

This is how I do the Disney WOW disc:

Open explorer and browse to the BDMV\Stream folder.
Move the Stream folder up one folder level and then view the contents.
Set the view in Windows to Extra large icons.
Wait for thumbnails to be built by Windows.
Find files you want and import them into JRiver and tag them. There are usually only a few that I want. (Note: If you don't move the Stream folder, JRiver will just import the entire Blu-ray. This is why I move the Stream folder up one level.)

You can keep the files together using the Series tag.

Pages: [1]   Go Up