INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21/MAC Mini/PS Audio Bridge  (Read 2237 times)

Tosk

MC21/MAC Mini/PS Audio Bridge
« on: January 18, 2016, 05:41:53 pm »

A customer has a Mac Mini with an Ethernet crossover cable to the PS Audio Bridge creating a closed, manually configured, music LAN.  The Mini is also connected wirelessly to his household LAN via DHCP.  The Music LAN is functioning.  The problem is that MC 21 does not see the Bridge as a renderer.  I've verified that IP addresses are not colliding.  Pinging both units from a laptop on the household LAN works.  I've duplicated the setup in the office with no problems.

I could sure use some advice on troubleshooting this connection problem.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC21/MAC Mini/PS Audio Bridge
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 06:14:47 pm »

Are you saying that the Mac is running a double headed Lan connection? I don't know a lot about macs but on Windows if you have a double headed Lan then the Ip stack designates one of them as the "default" and MC only broadcasts and listens for UPNP SSDP discovery messages on the default Lan. If you want to route between the two LANs I think you would probably need to expressly install a software router application.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Tosk

Re: MC21/MAC Mini/PS Audio Bridge
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 02:21:57 pm »

I'm not exactly sure how a MAC handles both a WiFi connection and a Wired connection at the same time.  So in this case I guess I'm not sure of the definition of 'double headed'.  I can report that the basic configuration works, to have a crossover cable from the Mac to the Dac, and a WiFi connection to the router.  We have done so at PS Audio.  In the case of this user, I can also say that we have him back online with this configuration.  For the curious, it required some action with all three actors.  JRiver, The PS Audio Bridge, and the MAC Mini.  In JRiver there were three checkboxes in the Network Setup page that were unchecked.  Then the PS Audio Bridge had a UPnP issue that had to be reset from its internal webpage.  Finally, the MAC Mini got tired of all our messing around without telling us.  Rebooting it was the final straw that got everyone talking and playing some great sounding music.
Pages: [1]   Go Up