INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this expected behaviour for the WDM driver in MC21?  (Read 2380 times)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Is this expected behaviour for the WDM driver in MC21?
« on: December 21, 2015, 02:59:31 pm »

the WDM driver is no longer the default device after each update thus causing much gnashing of teeth (aka random calls at work about no sound on some amazon prime delivered film  ;D) in the Khan household

I remember this from https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97680.0 but am unsure if this is still the expected behaviour or whether I have some randomness in my HTPC. Can anyone confirm?

natehansen66

• World Citizen
Re: Is this expected behaviour for the WDM driver in MC21?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 06:51:04 pm »

Same thing happens here to the point where I turn automatic updating off. It is annoying.

RD James

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 07:26:07 pm »

I also disabled automatic updates. Too much of a hassle setting up WDM every time.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 08:10:15 pm »

As I raised in this thread here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101522.0 can anyone explain why the WDM driver NEEDS to be updated every release, I can't believe the driver is constantly being updated.
It seems to be causing various problems for users (myself included)

BTW Merry Christmas to all....nice 26C down here in NZ, just right for the beach.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

stewart_pk

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 10:38:21 pm »

It also seems to revert the Configuration and the Properties of the JRiver MC Sound Device back to the defaults when it updates it each time.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 04:57:33 am »

As I raised in this thread here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101522.0 can anyone explain why the WDM driver NEEDS to be updated every release, I can't believe the driver is constantly being updated.
It seems to be causing various problems for users (myself included)

BTW Merry Christmas to all....nice 26C down here in NZ, just right for the beach.
suffice to say the weather in London is not quite 26C :D

I think only one of the developers can explain exactly why it needs to be updated on every release. The likely reason is that the driver code is built at the same time as MC itself and/or uses some common code. This would make it impossible atm to build/package/release/version the wdm driver as a separate entity. This is unlikely to be an insurmountable problem but it might well be a time consuming problem to fix hence less likely to be fixed. I am speculating here so don't take this as any sort of gospel :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up