INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: better visual cues for remembering position in playlists or views  (Read 1024 times)

juzer

Before I make an official feature request, I wanted to see what was already out there.  I've seen this discussed on a couple of other threads in spots.

For people using jriver in a little bit of a chaotic fashion, bunch of random playlists open, huge libraries, constantly filtering/exiting/refiltering, switching between lists and views and tabs....in all this, it is really good to quickly see where you last were on that view before you went to another place.  So, when I leave a view of a playlist with a song playing, when i come back, I'd like to quickly tell where the playing is.  Right now, it's usually pretty subtle...bold with a small green icon.  Also, if you scroll around, it's hard to find your place again visually (especially with large lists or views).

I came from foobar, and foobar handles this well.  There's a "look" for a file that is playing, and another look for where the cursor is, and then a couple of options for the cursor to follow playback, or playback follows the cursor.  I am currently struggling with this right now...i am spending a lot of time just finding where my place was, and i keep screwing up my views because of it.

Any suggestions?  am i missing a feature somewhere?

if i were to ask for features, i would ask for:
1)option for cursor following playback, or playback following cursor
2)customizeable look for the "playing now" track (independant of the selected theme)
3) customizeable look for selection of files (independant of the selected theme)
4) a way to "jump" to the track playing now, without changing the view...that is without changing anything in the view tree.
Pages: [1]   Go Up