INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Taskbar shown on movie monitor while playing  (Read 2938 times)

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe
Taskbar shown on movie monitor while playing
« on: December 20, 2015, 03:22:43 am »

Hello all

Don't know if someone had that same problem, but since the December 2015 Windows Updates the Windows taskbar stays visible on the movie monitor (redirected to digital projector)

Does anyone of you have a real fix for that? Or is it best to uninstall update by update until the problem disappears?

Thanks for suggestions!
Appreciated

CountryBumkin

Re: Taskbar shown on movie monitor while playing
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 06:36:57 am »

I use to get this too when I had madVR (RO+HQ) set up to show the madVR icon on the taskbar.

globetrotters1

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 06:15:35 pm »

thanks for this suggestion, but I have no madVR icon on the taskbar

other ideas?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 04:48:47 am »

Right click on the Taskbar and select "auto hide taskbar". You shouldn't need to do this, but maybe it will help until a better solution comes along.

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 08:07:02 am »

I run a two monitor jukebox and have no problems. I assume that is what you mean by movie monitor. A PC with two video outputs.
You set them as extended, and position them side by side with the "movie monitor" to the right of the main in the Video control panel.
For us, on first play, the video appears above Now Playing on the main monitor, you right click it and detach it. It will then fly over to monitor two and play fullscreen.
But if that fails and it doesn't fill right, we just mouse over and double click the screen to make it go "fullscreen". This does not work for you? The taskbar is still seen?

Do you have the main monitor set that way (1) in the Video panel? If the movie monitor is set to "1" it still works but we can find desktop items there, and opening a window, say the options page in MC, opens on the wrong monitor. Did you have to fix that once? Move something that opened on the wrong monitor? If so you worked around the problem, but not fully.
If it gets really messed up, change the video panel to "clone" or whatever so they show as one, then break them apart again. That seems to reset it.
Just some ideas.

Don

globetrotters1

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 05:58:13 pm »

Thanks, guys, for the valuable input!

Nothing helped, but right-clicking on the taskbar, <properties>, there I could switch off the taskbar for the additional monitors (which in my case is just a digital projector). In this case this solution helps, but if someone has 2 work monitors and a digital projector, it's no real solution.

I spare you my rants about MS's multiple monitor handling, a real mess.

It's nothing JRiver could be blamed for of course.

Thanks guys!
Pages: [1]   Go Up