INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio out-of-sync after editing TV recording  (Read 2052 times)

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
Audio out-of-sync after editing TV recording
« on: December 24, 2015, 12:26:01 pm »

I am having an audio/video sync issue with a JRiver TV recording that I have edited to eliminate the unusually loud lead in to the program material which screws up loudness normalization for the program material.

The recording is an hour long episode of Austin City Limits (James Taylor) recorded in JRiver as a 1920 x 1080 .ts file.   I used Quicktime on Mac OS X to edit out commercials/public service announcements at he beginning and end.   The edited file plays perfectly on Quicktime in Mac OS X  but is significantly out of sync when played back through MC21; I should note that playback in MC starts off as almost in sync but gets progressively worse.   This sounds like a mismatched frame rate issue but not sure how to correct it as current version of QT has no available settings. 

TV recordings I have made and edited on EyeTV on mac OS X play back perfectly in MC and take only a few minutes without any lengthy transcoding; they are in .mpg format. In contrast, the QT edited files are not only out of sync but require a lengthy transcoding process. Unfortunately, the EyeTV editor only works with EyeTV files.   Surely there must be a video editor for the JRiver recordings that can do what EyeTV does, namely, quick edits without lengthy transcoding.  Is there some sort of limitation to the MC .ts file format or special editor required?   

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Audio out-of-sync after editing TV recording
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 01:02:00 pm »

We do not alter TV recordings in any way, especially in TS format.  It is just the original stream dumped to the file. 

The only thing that I can think of that would explain the results you got is when there are little glitches in the original transport stream, such as due to signal issues, Quicktime editor does not handle it properly.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio out-of-sync after editing TV recording
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 05:48:45 pm »

You could try using TSMuxer to remux the video to mpg and trim the beginning and end. From memory it is capable of that. If it doesn't do what you want there are other similar applications recommended on the Videohelp site. Try to avoid anything that needs to transcode the video, and instead just remuxes what is in the TS file.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up