INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing on another Drive  (Read 1785 times)

numarc

Installing on another Drive
« on: December 25, 2015, 10:45:06 pm »

New user.First time post. A month ago i installed the trial version. Everything installed on my boot drive after i selected a different drive.

If i buy the paid version will it allow me to install MC 21 to a different drive, or at least store all my music on a different drive.

I have a large music collection that will just get bigger with time.I don't want to fill my boot drive with a large library of hi def music and FLAC files. Thanks, Marc.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Installing on another Drive
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 11:01:58 pm »

error
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Installing on another Drive
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 12:41:34 pm »

Summary answer:

Leave MC installed on your primary drive.  The program itself, and it's database (which we call the Library) only take up a few hundred MB.  Very, very small by today's standards.

Your media files (songs, videos, etc) can be on any drive.  If you have existing media in MC that you want to move to an external drive, you can easily do so using the Rename, Move, and Copy tool.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Rename,_Move,_and_Copy_Files

You can also set up one or more locations on drives that you want monitored.  We call this Auto Import.  Set up a directory on an external drive for auto import, and MC will automatically pick up any media files you put there.  You can do this for one drive, or for several drives.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Auto-Import

...and of course, if you want to, you can manually import folders on any drive in your system.

Good luck!

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up