INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playback issues, time is incorrect when using DLNA  (Read 1026 times)

dreandre

• Junior Woodchuck
playback issues, time is incorrect when using DLNA
« on: December 27, 2015, 02:49:59 pm »

Hey Team!  Need help again  ?  This one is tough to explain...

The Setup
   :-\
I'm using JRiver to play movies across my network to my Samsung 55" TV.  I have a Zone set up for it called "Home TV".  I set up a DLNA server using the default "Samsung BD/TV" server (see Capture1) and I have it associated with "Home TV".  I"m using the default settings (although playing around with the advanced settings didn't seem to make a difference).  As a side note, the movies in my library have started stacking automatically. (see Capture 2) I don't know if it's relevant to this issue because I haven't done my research on stacking yet.

The Problem   :'(
Often, when playing a movie using Home TV, many of the control features become deactivated.  Often, I'm not able to scan forward or back, not able to adjust subtitles, and no audio features are available.  Lately though, the playback times have been wrong, causing movies to end abruptly, display times improperly during playback (see capture 3), and play only the last 4 seconds of the movie.  Sometimes this will happen while I'm watching.  For example, I can start a movie, decided i want to watch it later, so I stop the movie, then when I return to the movie, it will only play the last 4 seconds of the movie and will not play from the beginning or from where I left off.

I don't think I know enough yet to know what the proper question is I should be asking, so can we open the discussion about how to troubleshoot this, and I will learn along the way.  Especially if the answer involves understanding how to tweak advanced setting in the DLNA servers.   

Thanks!!!   ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up