INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Services & Plug-ins > Reporter issues  (Read 1147 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Services & Plug-ins > Reporter issues
« on: December 30, 2015, 10:57:28 am »

I just converted a new mkv and then started watching it to confirm it converted okay.  It was stuttering pretty badly.  I checked the Reporter and it showed "No tools currently running" under Background tools running.  however, it also showed under Processing: Audio Analyzed: 100% (44997 of 44998), which I believe indicates it was actually running the Analyze Audio on the new video file.  Once this updated to show (44998 of 44998) the stuttering stopped and the file plays fine now.

So, it seems that the "No tools currently running" is not accurate, since I believe the Analyze Audio tool was actually running.  I've seen the same thing when MC is building thumbnails in the background.  in fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen it show any tools running, (but I don't check on it that often, so maybe I've just never seen it).

I'd also like to suggest that the analyze audio tool be suspended if MC plays a file that is being analyzed, or at least some kind of warning be shown to warn us that the file we're trying to watch is being analyzed, and degraded playback is to be expected.

Finally, as a purely cosmetic note; the reporter system displays this...

Interface plug-ins: Interface Plugins:

it also used to show TiVo after this, but I've since removed that plugin, so now it just duplicates itself.  Again cosmetic only, but worth mentioning.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up