INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: madVR display mode switching  (Read 5546 times)

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
madVR display mode switching
« on: December 31, 2015, 07:22:11 am »

Hey,

Done a clean install of Windows 10 (64-bit).  Restored my library and settings but display mode switching seems broken.

I can manually change to the resolutions I'm setting in madVR using NVIDIA Control Panel, but if madVR does it I get a warning saying my display driver has stopped working.

I get no audio or video.

I'm using: 1080i29, 720p50 (as I mentioned, both of these switch fine in NVIDIA CP).  My screen is 1080i only.  Most of my content is PAL (with some US discs), and I've used the madVR guide pretty much exactly as posted by 6233638 (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80253.0)

Also, I noticed I'm getting either 1 frame drop or frame repeat every x seconds.

GPU is GTX 750 Ti

Thanks

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: madVR display mode switching
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 10:20:42 am »

Hey,

Done a clean install of Windows 10 (64-bit).  Restored my library and settings but display mode switching seems broken.

I can manually change to the resolutions I'm setting in madVR using NVIDIA Control Panel, but if madVR does it I get a warning saying my display driver has stopped working.

I get no audio or video.

I'm using: 1080i29, 720p50 (as I mentioned, both of these switch fine in NVIDIA CP).  My screen is 1080i only.  Most of my content is PAL (with some US discs), and I've used the madVR guide pretty much exactly as posted by 6233638 (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80253.0)

Also, I noticed I'm getting either 1 frame drop or frame repeat every x seconds.

GPU is GTX 750 Ti

Thanks
I use JRiver's display changing in Tools > Options > Video > Display Settings instead of madVR's. Just set it to on and it should work automatically.

Have you updated your video card driver and are you using the latest JRiver 21 version (21.0.30)? JRiver recently upgraded to madVR v0.89.17.

Do you have VideoClock turned on in Options > Video > General Video Settings?

Edit:  I realized after I posted that this is an MC20 subforum. If you are still using MC20 , then you have a very old version of madVR.

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 06:46:18 am »

I thought if using ROHQ you had to use madVR's switcher?

VideoClock is on.

I tend to wait until many versions into the latest before upgrading.  Running the latest 20 version.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 11:36:36 am »

I thought if using ROHQ you had to use madVR's switcher?
No. You can leave it off and use JRiver's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up