INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import Freezing  (Read 1424 times)

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
Auto Import Freezing
« on: January 02, 2016, 03:36:21 am »

Hi, Firstly happy new year to all the JRiver staff and users. Here's to many more years of continued success.

I have recently started having a problem on my MC server when I run an Auto-Import. It will say searching for files and and you can see it searching through all the configured import folders but then at some point it will just freeze on a particular folder and just sit there and not proceed. It is not the same folder it freezes on each time but it will always freeze at some point and never gets to the point of importing the new files.

If I quit MC21 and go back to MC20 then the imports run fine.

I started noticing this problem on version 21.0.27 and I have updated it to 21.0.30 which is having the same issue.

I have attached a log file so I am hoping someone can have a look and give me some ideas as to what could be causing the issue.

Many thanks

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto Import Freezing
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 10:52:03 am »

This is the very last thing in the log associated with importing:

0046020: 1700: Import: GetNewFiles: Searching: \\MEDIA-SERVER\Test\

I never see the import end.  Maybe it's getting hung up on that path, or one or more files in that path?  Normally if it was hung on a file it would be enumerated in the log, but I don't see any files listed.  Is that path valid?  Maybe try removing it from auto import, and try again.

Brian.

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 11:15:22 am »

Thanks so much for that Brian, I feel really stupid and embarrassed now. :-[

That \\Media-Server\Test folder doesn't actually exist any more. I seem to remember I temporarily put it in to test something to help someone in these forums. I obviously then deleted the folder & share but forgot to remove the folder from import folder list.

I've now removed it from the list and the imports are working again now.

Thanks again

Russell

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 11:16:29 am »

We all make mistakes.  I'm happy to have helped you find the solution.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up